• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Echo Dot Question

waterman6

Standard Member
Hi,

I've got an Echo Dot 2nd gen and Echo Dot 3rd gen.

With the 2nd gen, I can just say "play LBC", "play Talk Radio", "play Times Radio" and it works straight out of the box. But with the 3rd generation it doesn't. Just wondered if anyone knows why it works for the 2nd gen but not the 3rd.

I know i can go into the Alex app, find the station there and cast to the Echo Dot but it's more of a faff. And there are aren't any skills for these stations. LBC have skills but they're only for LBC Highlights or LBC News etc.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
The LBC skill is called Global Player, the name of the network that owns it. Talk Radio I'd expect to come under Talk Sport. But the odd thing here is that skills are enabled per account, not per device. Silly question but are both Dots definitely connected to the same account? If so, I'd try removing the G3 from the account & re-adding it.

If still no joy I'm stumped, as radio stations with no skill should default to being played by Tune-In. Maybe try "Play (radio station) from Tune-In", as that should bypass any other radio skills.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom