Echo Dot 3.0 Won't Connect During Start Up

average joe

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this is the wrong section but I had a quick browse and though here may be the best.

I have just bought a new Echo Dot but it will not connect during start up.

I get to the stage where it asks me to connect to it using my wifi then return to the app. Once I do this it repeatedly asks me again to connect to it via wifi even though my phone shows it is connected.

I cannot get past this stage using the Alexa app on my Mi9 or my girlfriends iphone, same issue on both.

I have tried restarting the Dot, the Wifi, my phone etc but it's the same each time.

My older generation 2 dot is connected fine so I can't work out what else I can try.

Has anyone got advice or has had the same issue?

Thanks, Joe

Pure speculation but if your router supports dual band, made sure you have different SSIDs set for each so you can choose which you're connecting to. Also make sure that the 2.4GHz is set to a channel no higher than 11.

Pure speculation but if your router supports dual band, made sure you have different SSIDs set for each so you can choose which you're connecting to. Also make sure that the 2.4GHz is set to a channel no higher than 11.

Thanks for the reply but how the hell do I do that haha

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom