Eccleston quits Doctor Who!

The Beeb have only got 3 regenerations (including next) to play with - that is if they wish to respect the continuity of shows past! :(

Of course given the historical inferences of there only being 1 Doctor throughout Earth's history (Eccleston) - we're really looking at Doctor no.2 - in Russell Davies reinvention/reimagining of Doctor Who - which is why Russell refers to the next series as the "second" series. :devil:

Of course given the historical inferences of there only being 1 Doctor throughout Earth's history (Eccleston) - we're really looking at Doctor no.2...

Not at all.

It is clear in episode one that Eccleston's Doctor is a regeneration. Also, the fact that the internet guy in the episode has picked up on that Doctor's re-appearances throughout history, does not mean to say that there haven't been many other Doctors as well.

He simply just hasn't come across them.

I think they might as well scrap the regeneration limit and just get a new actor/doctor each year. Would help viewer fatique and allow different actors that would not consider the role to take it on.
You never know, could be a great british tv tradition....The Xmas Doctor Who regeneration!

There's plenty in the surrounding books hinting at bigger plans for the Doctor which would get around the regeneration limit, and don't forget everything in The Trial of a Time Lord!

the_pauley said:
the fact that the internet guy in the episode has picked up on that Doctor's re-appearances throughout history
That scene was rather clumsily written, but there were some hints that the conspiracy theory guy had actually twigged that the Doctor had more than one appearance. He mentions at one point that he thinks the title "Doctor" is handed down from father to son, and he also very distinctly says, when showing Rose the photograph, "that's your Doctor, right?" - i.e. there are others he's aware of.

Don't recall any hint at all that the guy assumes the Doctor has different appearances (i.e. Hartnell, Baker, etc). Indeed in relation to the title being handed down from father to son, didn't Rose then say something like "Which explains the resemblance" ?

Nowhere does he mention different appearances, other Doctors, etc. Only the Eccleston incarnation.

"that's your Doctor, right?" - i.e. there are others he's aware of.
Yes, other appearances of the Ecceleston Doctor, nothing to even hint that he knows of the regenerations.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom