1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EBuyer/Olympus MJU500

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by madcyril, Sep 11, 2005.

1. madcyril

madcyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    The wife want one of these cameras and EBuyer offers it at the best price(£177) but the reviews I've read for EBuyer are not too encouraging.What experiences has people had with them.

Cheers.

2. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If there is nothing wrong it will be a easy process.

If you have a problem they will respond but slowly and you have to push all the way.. unless you are lucky. Sometime they can sort a problem OK

I have used them many times. I have had 2 problems one which dragged on and got sorted eventually and one which was sorted straight away (but I did have to complain to get the carriage paid)

3. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    To echo RobertP; 9 times out of 10 you'll be fine... just hope that:
    1. CityLink don't screw up the delivery
    2. That you don't have to return the camera
    :)

4. steve tyler

steve tyler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I found them to be a real p**s poor out fit which you cannot contact.By phone you will hang on forever (half an hour last week for me,then i gave up) and i couldn`t find a way of e-mailing them.They seemed to have stitch up any way of getting through to them and i will never use this company again.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

5. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can fully understand this reaction.

Don't buy from them if you don't have the time required to deal with a problem with them - they are slow.

They do reply to their enote system but sometimes you can wait a week for a reply. That is why it can take over a month to sort a simple problem... but it does get sorted.

If everything is fine with the item then great - if not expect the hassle to go with the low prices.

I will be buying from them again.

6. sorbiegunner

sorbiegunner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Must've used them about 20 odd times and I've only ever had two faulty items, both of which were sorted within about two weeks. They are slow with problems but they will be dealt with.
    They are one of the cheapest places on the net for what they sell, and presumably one of the ways they achieve this is by running a low staff/high automation system. I prefer to save a few pounds at the expense of slower service. If you want rapid response to problems then the bargain bucket type shop is most probably not the ideal solution, a high street shop might be a better bet. If on the other hand price is the over riding factor then use e-buyer.
    They are not fly by nighters or con men, you will get your stuff delivered quickly and if you have trouble they will sort you out. You pays your money you takes your choice.
    But remember none of the really cheap internet outlets are really geared to deal with problems quickly.

Edit to add
    Reading that through it looks like a 10% fail rate, but most orders have been for about 8-12 items at a time so it's actually closer to 1% than 10.