1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebuyer January sale has started....bargains for all

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by thamesider, Dec 23, 2004.

1. thamesider

thamesider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. danjos

danjos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    cheers for the heads up, but from what i saw, 99% of the prices are no different from normal ?
    Certainly the digital camera i have been looking at is no cheaper. Ebuyer have totally lost thier edge in the past year imo, they are no longer always the cheapest and they take ages to deliver stuff.

3. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    No email address, no phone number
    They use a custom E-notes system for complaints and problems, I had a problem with an order placed 2 weeks ago (took money and order still at "order placed stage"), posted an e-note 10 days ago, and they have not looked at it. My credit card company are recovering the money at this moment.

Order from this company at your own risk.

4. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have ordered many times of them, including since they went to 'internet only' and have never had a problem with orders or delivery (Citylink).

I agree that the sale prices look no different

5. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Personally I find it hard to fault Ebuyer. Used them pretty much since day one and looking at my old bills I've spent in excess of £3k with them and have never had any trouble what so ever. As for losing their edge I couldn't disagree more. Sure you can find some fred in a shed selling stuff on the internet for next for nothing. If you ever actaully see it or they ever actually have it in stock is a different matter.

Ebuyer :thumbsup: top stuff.

6. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    i wouldnt go near them again.ordered 2 things and my first experience was great,i ordered a very cheap sd card from them which came nice and quick and free delivery :) second order i placed was the mirror opposite.they had a bluetooth logitech keyboard for £90 which is a hell of a price considering it was £200 so i ordered it came 2 days before it should have which was nice unfortunatley it wasnt bluetooth at all its RF and add to that is was nearly £20 dearer than amazon.looked for a number they dont have one :rolleyes: looked for email ad oh no we dont do emails we do enotes :rolleyes:

ok im a bit :censored: off but nothing to bad,i got a response a day later saying a will get a reply in 2days as to why i got the rf and not bluetooth 2days :mad: i got a response which basically didnt answer the question i had asked so i replied to the enote and guess what,yes another 2 days for a response :nono: i get the confirmation of my returns number and they will collect the parcel (which i demanded) fair enough so it should be collected between 9 and 5.i work nights so got my dad to stay in while i was asleep and i would get up at 2 to do my shift lol but he never turned up.

i then wrote a scathing enote about there lack of customer care and then a knock at the door and guess who?its the delivery man and its 19:15 i give him the parcel ask for a confirmation letter which he gives and then i sign the sheet and notice the cheeky sod has put down 15:45 as pick up time :rolleyes: got a email about 5 days later informing me i need to wait 14days for a refund :suicide: I WONT BE USING THESE JOKERS AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE IS.everythings ok when you get the stuff but if you have a problem good luck.

7. garygfx

garygfx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ebuyer are no worse than any other online company I've dealt with. All of my orders have arrived on time or earlier. I admit their enote system is rubbish and lack of phone support is frustrating if a timely conversation is required, but they are good with returns and have excellent prices and choice. The January Sale items are no cheaper than they were last week before the "sale" started. I think many retailers have DFS and Dixons sale syndrome. i.e. the sale prices are no cheaper than their regular prices.

8. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Ebuyer customer service is rubbish. I was a supporter of them for some time until the axe fell on my head and had a load of hassle with them. They even illegally charged my card but I got the money back from the credit card company. Lets face it we deal with them because of their super low prices but just bare in mind there is a real chance that if the goods are faulty the returns procedure will be drawn out and stressful. My advice is make sure you use a credit card for ebuyer. Never, ever use other payment methods.

9. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Very poor customer service in my own experiences and I certainly won't use them again. I wanted to return a stick of DDR memory which was incompatible with my board. They never replied to my mails and the phone was always engaged or never answered! :mad:
    I finished up selling the memory on eBay.

10. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I had a look and only found one price reduced in there 'sale' in the catagories I looked though :mad: I hav spent loads of money with them and it does seem there service has gotten poorer in the last year.

11. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same experience here, as others with EBUYER. All perfect if nothing goes wrong, but CUstomer Services is a joke. They sent me the wrong DIMM memory twice & refused to cough up the P&P back to them !!

12. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I got an order from them once one the priority delivery service. The couriers didn't deliver it, so I picked it up from the city link depot. I topld them on enotes and they refunded the next day postage charge, took a few days though as the enotes is pretty crap.
    If it wasn't a company i had used for years i would think it's a con or something not having any direct line of comunication.

13. sideysid

sideysid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Ebuyer are the EasyJet of the electronics world.
    Gets you where you need to go cheaply with no customer service. In fact they dont give a s***.
    I've used them from the beginning and might as well bought shares in the company with the money I've spent. Most things (not all) can be bought (PC components in particular) for way less than other online stores let alone highstreet stores. <cough*PCWorld*cough>
    I've directed loads of people their way, as it annoys me how much extra they pay out for things thinking they have got a good deal.
    BUT... when the dreaded faulty/wrong product comes along, you grimmance with excruciating pain at the thought of dealing with the dreaded Enote and return system.
    But like with everything, you get what you pay for in this world. So if your a skinflint like me (and you know you are)... put up with it and stop complaining!
    :p

14. garygfx

garygfx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Well said, sideysid. Us skinflints can save quite a bit at Ebuyer, especially if we're building a new PC from scratch complete with peripherals. That Ebuyer Value range is so cheap it's filthy but it does its job for sometimes half the price of other stores. PC World is good for emergencies if you have a store nearby but that's it.

Like DJW, Ebuyer sent me the wrong DIMM last year. I used an enote to ask them to send me the correct one but from their reply I could tell they didn't register what I was saying and I had a feeling they were going to send me the same wrong item again, so I sent another enote saying DO NOT SEND ME THIS ITEM!!! Well, they did and I had to send that back too. I refused to pay postage but they credited me for it which was good but still it's an infuriating process to go through. You'd think that a company that has superb choice and prices would try to go for the complete package and get their customer service right. Enotes suck (unless they respond within the hour, not 1-2 days) and not having phone support doesn't inspire confidence which is proven to be the case.

That said, I'll keep buying from them just like the 1000's of other wallet-watchers who don't need hand holding when buying while praying that the items won't need returning!

15. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    The cheap prices are not enough to keep my interest I'm afraid.
    I would rather pay a little bit more for peace of mind. There are plenty of online retailers which are signifantly cheaper than the high street which are'nt too far behind Ebuyer on the cheap stakes.

16. gliderpilot925

gliderpilot925

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think ebuyer are great. I've recommended them to friends as I've purchased items at substantially lower prices than elsewhere and I couldn't fault their website, communications concerning delivery or the reliability of delivery.
    I can't say how well they deal with problems because I haven't had any!
    They're now my first point of call if I'm looking for something.

17. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    your time will come :laugh: what i cant understand is the enote system :mad: surely its just easier and more effcient to have emails (like every other company on the net) :nono: and the wait for responses is just to much.and no phone :eek: if i would have known that before i had ordered i probably wouldnt have ordered tbh.what kinda company doesnt have a phone number :confused: i think where devolping a pattern here myself,it falls into 2 groups,group 1 the pro ebayers 95% of which have not had a problem and there for have no need for the returns fiasco process.group 2, the group of which has had the return situation and probably wont shop with ebayer again.

18. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I must say for the 4 or so years i've used then i have never had a problem except that which i mentioned earier and that was sorted as soon as they read the enote. But if is said that they are no longer cheaper then people will stop using them.

I suppose if yoiu have a bad experience your not gonna shop somewhere again, but it is just unfortunate i guess.

I'm pretty sure you'll have had more problems with an actual store though, try taking something back to one of the Dixons group's stores. Not only are the staff lacking training but they also charge nasty prices and have no customer service.

I think if you need something strait away urgently and can't risk any problem then ebuyer may not be the best choice, but in that case you would probably want to go to a store and be willing to pay a premium.

19. garygfx

garygfx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I've had 1 bad problem out of 20 orders which isn't so bad. If the bad incident happened on my first or second purchase then perhaps I wouldn't have continued to deal with them, but luckily the risk of needing to return an item AND them screwing up is small, it's worth the pain if it's once every 20 orders. I'm quite forgiving. :) Those odds are good going if it's over 2 years, but a nightmare if you make 20 orders every couple of months.

20. pompeysteve

pompeysteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Just to add my penn'orth. I've ordered about 20 items from them. I've had a few problems :

- Late delivery, gave me free shipping on next order
    - DVD-Writer broke after 3 months, returned and refunded within 5 days
    - Memory Stick didn't arrive and showed delivered to another city - replacement
    sent by 24 hour delivery
    - MP3 player faulty - returned and refunded within 3 days.

The eNote system is slow, but I've not had a big enough problem to put me off using them in the future.