1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebuyer??Good online shop to buy camcorder?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by wannabgeek, Apr 3, 2005.

1. wannabgeek

wannabgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i am looking to buy a new camcorder probally another Sony DCR PC350 which i managed to loose along with my Camera and accessories. I have purchased before online but have had a few bad experiences with refunds etc and this time as it a large amount i will be spending i need to know that the retailer has good customer care policy ie any probs full refund etc! I was looking at ebuyer (Cheapest i've seen) has anyone had any bad experiences with them, if so is there any another shops worth considering! Many thanks Steve :thumbsup:

Edit: Just been reading on camcorder.com (US site i think)that the Hc1000 is taking over from pc350,any truth in this!

2. driverst24

driverst24
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never bought a camcorder from Ebuyer, but I've made over 8 purchases of various equipment from them and they have ALWAYS been excellent. When they say it is in stock, it is. Very good sellers, excellent quick service.

Good luck with the camcorder I was looking at that model on Ebuyer as well due to the price.

3. reservoir51

reservoir51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought numerous items from Ebuyer, and my opinion of them is that when things go well, they're good. But when things go wrong, they're not the best people to do business with, although they're not the worst. I've had to return a few items in the past, and the refund can take up to a month, and you'll have to foot the return postage bill which is not claimable (which for a camcorder, will not be cheap).

reservoir51

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I've bought a few items from them and have had no problems with them thus far!

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Ordered a TV from ebuyer last Tuesday afternoon, it arrived Thursday morning in A1 condition. It was also significantly cheaper than anywhere else. Top site...PJ

6. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've brought a few items from them. Pretty much agree with Resevoir51 about good/bad, except, when I've returned faulty items, they have refunded postage on request. Returning wrongly ordered items cost me (as it should!)
    Brum

7. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I've had problems with returns to ebuyer in the past. It took about 2 months to get a refund after the replacement was also faulty.
    My advice would be to print out the ebuyer listing and take it along to a Jessops. They will pricematch the internet and no postage costs for a return if you do have any problems. Some managewrs wont give a full pricematch, but in my experience if you walk out they will normally try to get you to make the purchase, and should eventually agree to a full pricematch if you push hard enough. If not then just try a different store!

Mark.

8. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I tried using ebuyer to price match a camcorder at Jessops and they wouldn't honour it. However, they were more than willing to price match PRC Direct or RGB Direct (who were the next cheapest anyway!) :)

9. wannabgeek

wannabgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys but Jessops have contacted me via Insurance Co and are going to replace lost items! Thanks all the same :)