eBuyer Beware!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by wyerd, Jan 5, 2007.

1. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    My experience with eBuyer - I WILL NOT BE RECOMMENDING THEM TO ANYONE.

I placed an order for a graphics 12.15 pm Wednesday and paid for next day delivery.

Guess what???

Friday 12.15pm - It's still "Pick in Progress".

I am totally disgusted by eBuyers service and will not use them again. This has caused me great inconvenience as I will not be at the delivery address next week, so I will have to go through the CityLink delivery rigmarole.

I've just been told I'll be lucky if it even gets dispatched today.

I will NEVER, EVER use them again.

Buyer beware!

2. ush flynn

ush flynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    i had a similar experience before christmas with dixons, paid extra for fast delivery, picked friday, gave my work address (ordered monday), called them on friday and they hadnt even picked it from warehouse but the guy did let slip that there was 1800 units in stock.

Oh and dont get me started on citylink! Called them to rearrange delivery
    didnt come on the day i put.. or on any other day
    tried to call to arrange again or ask what the problem was but thier stupid system only lets you deal with each consignment number once... so went down on christmas eve eve, got there at 11, people had been there since 8
    not one parcel had been picked up by a customer after 3 hours! absolute disgrace! i myself was waiting 2 hours but some people had waited over 4 by the time they got theirs!

3. gtcarling

gtcarling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Says in there FAQ may take upto 48 hours to process an order, i personally don`t consider this to be unreasonable. How can you judge a company on one transaction it seems to me you are being unreasonable its not ebuyers fault your not at home next week and didnt check the Terms & conditions. I`ve used ebuyer many times and have always found to be pleasant to deal with.

4. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    eBuyer + ****link = recipe for disaster

5. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I placed the order with a reasonable timeframe. I totally hold ebuyer to account. Don't you always judge a company by how you are delt with? you must let people walk all over you!!!!

6. Gillykid

Gillykid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A touch harsh! Have you actually contacted eBuyer regarding this as they will probably refund the difference.

Personally I have used eBuyer for tonnes of equipment and I must say that the quality of service has always been excellent. Returns, tracking and the final product are always top notch and the price is generally better than anywhere.

Just my 2p

7. Henryslater

Henryslater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I was walking down the street once and tripped over the kerb. I'll never trust kerbs again.:(

Pesky lumps of granite - damn them all. I'll never recommend kerbs to anyone ever.:devil:

8. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,370
    Used eBuyer plenty of times. I'd recommend them. Don't let one bad experience put you off.

9. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,210
    I've had great service from Ebuyer over the years. I can't say the same for CityLink though !

10. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    I ordered a few parts from ebuyer, delivery was next day, well suppose to come monday, since they ship from various warehouses some stuff came monday the rest on wednesday, but what gets me mad is I ordered a silver case and silver dvd drive, they sent me the silver dvd drive but black case..., and I cannot be bother going through the hassle of returning it and waiting for a silver replacement..., really they should courier me out a silver cases asap and then pick up the black one at thie same time, since it was there fault, but no..., they can't do that..

11. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Exactly what I'm talking about. Once you hit that button to place your order, your life in their hands. You cannot get anywhere complaining to them as it's some daffy duck girl on the other end of the phone who doesn't give a monkeys. If you want to return something that was in their error, you still have to do it at your expense. This goes for ordering anything via the Internet.

12. meansizzler

meansizzler
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Luckily I can go to Tottenham Court Rd. and pick up what I need at pretty much the same price or sometimes even cheaper than these online stores...

13. tim_kay

tim_kay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ebuyer have been experiencing a few warehouse issues which have backlogged a few orders, nexy day orders especially.

I use them on a daily basis and can sing nothing but praise, worth their weight in gold, especially my business manager alec, spot on.

14. PAH

PAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Yeah can everyone stop using them, then their stuff might stay in stock a bit longer:D

I've stopped using their next day service as it's been hit and miss, possibly due to them using different warehouses (i.e. dropshipping) and sheer level of orders they must process every day.

I suppose it's the same with any company, they all make mistakes, it's how they deal with them and put things right that matters.

15. Alun

Alun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    I'm fortunate in the fact that I have never had any cause for complaint with ebuyer, or city link for that matter.

Numerous items from ebuyer, all delivered when thay said they would, all as cheap as I could get them, and all 100% functional

Guess I'm just lucky

16. gtcarling

gtcarling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I don`t let people walk over me, i just don`t base my opinions on one transaction i think its a bit harsh. Ebuyer havent actually done anything wrong in my view but if your unhappy with the service just don`t use them.

17. thekingbeyond

thekingbeyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    I have used them for years with out a problem, then in december they delivered 15 pc cases to me that were the wrong type, it was either send the cases back at my own expense or keep them.:mad:
    One of the best for customer care is SVP, when they have sent me out something wrong or it has been damaged in transit they send a courier to pick up the item and deliver the replacement. All on line retailers should be like this but sadly they are not

18. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,210
    I agree about SVP they have superb customer relations in my view :)

19. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
  20. Babylon

Babylon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The problem with ebuyer is that they don't pick your order until it is time to post, So what happens is that you buy something and take the cheaper Super Saver option, nothing happens for a week, and then some polish immigrant gets off his backside and walks to the warehouse to get your order only to find that has gone out of stock in the week, and if you do go with next day or one of the other 2 million options with a surcharge they have for delivery it comes to something like 8 quid, And also, Has anyone noticed that if you do go super saver route and it dose turn up on the day they say, It comes by next day delivery:confused: , why can they not just charge a flat 4 quid fee for next day or something like that, and leave it at that, I'll tell you why, because thats how they make a lot of there money.

It's nice to get it out in the open:smashin:

21. Mickey G

Mickey G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Though I heard that ebuyer is bad, I've used them about 5 times and have always found them good.

22. Qublai

Qublai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've used ebuyer on a number of occasions and been happy with their service. However, in November I ordered 2 PVR's as they had them for the best price around. They turned up fine, but when opened, they were obviously mail order returns or repackaged items. One had no batteries for the remote and the other had a ripped up box where a punter had opened it none too carefully.

To their credit ebuyer arranged collection without arguement or charge, albeit they were selling returned goods as brand new so didn't have a leg to stand on. Right now I'm waiting for a refund of the original shipping charge I paid in light of the 2nd hand goods.