ebuyer - are they still trading?

asdavies

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems using the ebuyer(UK) site to get to my account details and the very useful (NOT) e-notes system.

Is anyone else having problems or have I just been blocked from the site?

Regards

Steve...

They were certainly around 2 days ago - mind you I've had SO much grief with them before Xmas, I don't think i'd be using them again!

Site is still live - just checked !

Can you get to your account details/ log in off the front page?

I seem to be getting a very cut down version of the normal front page without any login details, I'm just wondering if I have been blocked from the site (I'm also having problems with this company).

They will never win an award for customer service.

Regards

Steve...

Looks fine from here.

I've heard that Microland have just gone belly up though :rolleyes:

Yes, I've logged in OK. They are boasting about a January Sale, so assume they must still be trading !

my credit card company is having to recover money from them
due to their total incompetence.

Thanks to everyone for having a look at the site for me.

It must be a problem at my end as I can't see any menu items on the front page.
This is really useful when the only means of communication with this bunch of muppets is through the web site.

I'm also at the stage of taking them to court and will never use the company again.

Regards

Steve...

I've not got any thing but good things to say about ebuyer. However, their site is slow as treacle since the revamp.

Their site has been slow recently, ordering seems to be unaffected though :)

E-Notes are (admittedly) a total pain but they have to make sacrifices somewhere I guess for them to be able to keep their prices so low. You pay your money you take your choice etc... I can honestly say that i've always been pretty pleased with eBuyers service. They will get back to you eventually.

I had my first (ever!) problem with them a couple of weeks ago after ordering a DVD Drive, and a Power supply from them - both were being despatched from separate warehouses. I received the power supply on the 30th December but the DVD drive stayed as "pick in progress" for nearly a week after that. A politely worded enote to them (recieved a reply after 3 days) gave rise to an assurance that it would be despatched same day, and a refund of my delivery charge (on both items seeing as they fell under the same order no.). DVD drive arrived next day as promised and my card has since been refunded :)

Kelvin.

I've never had a problem with them either, once they sent me the wrong item but it was sorted out by the enotes thingy.

I have nothing but good things to say either. I bought a CD case that holds 240 disks that I didnt use for about 6months. I eventually got round to putting my disks in it, got about 100 in, left it overnight and the binder came loose from the folder. Even after 6months, after one enote they sent a completely free replacement that arrived the morning after they replied to my enote (admittedly it took them 7days to respond...)!

I personally think they are in quite a good position financially and wont be shutting down too soon.

I tried to order a creative mp3 player before Christmas - I managed to bag the last one along with a compact flash card. Registered my details, credit card etc. everything froze. When i had restarted my connection and went to my account nothing.... Couldnt even get into my account. Checked the mp3 player a little later and it came up out of stock (but i didnt get the last one).

Tried to contact them and couldnt even get the e notes to work, got a standard email from them giving a contact phone number, rang it, message on it saying it hasnt been available for months so gave up, went to micro direct instead no problems with them at all.

I do think that there web site is awful now - it used to be so much better before they changed it. It's slow, doesn't display things properly sometimes and the search facility does not work if you for example display all 19" TFT monitors and then pick Viewsonic, then change to view Benq it will display all monitors for that supplier not just the 19" ones, so you have to go through the whole routine again to pick out 19" TFT monitors and then pick a supplier.

I have successfully managed to get my money back via my credit card company - they are the worst company I have had to deal with.

Steve

what problems did you have then?

i have nothing but good things to say about them to be honest...even when returning products

Hi All..

I can also add that I have been buying products for e-buyer for a long time and have never had any issues with them, even when returning faulty units :eek:
It would be interesting to know the nature of the problems that you have with them!

No problems with Ebuyer whenever I've bought anything, in fact I sourced my entire PC I built last year from them, and a couple of other bits and bobs since.

I've not been able to log on to Ebuyer all morning. Anyone else got a problem ?

Ii was okay for me when i was on it about 10mins ago.

I've been using ebuyer for a long time and never had a problem. Goods have always arrived at least on the day I wanted them for if not before. I've just had a Plextor 716A from them that appears to be faulty, applied for an RMA late on Tuesday night and the approval was there when I got up on Wednesday morning! Can't ask for more than that...

Andy

Alway remember, NEVER order the item if stock is @ 1, youre whole order will be put on hold. At least in my last 5 years experience with Ebuyer

add me to the they're useless camp. Made an order which for some unknown reason wasn't fulfilled by the date promised so I cancelled and never went back,

I was able to get onto Ebuyer once yesterday, but it was unavailable last night and I can't get on again now :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom