• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ebay

stoofus

Did think about posting this in the shopping forum, so the mods can feel free to change it if necessary!

Absolutely bloody fed up with ebay at the moment. Last three things I've tried to sell, the auction goes the full distance, try and communicate with the buyer and then nothing.

No contact, no apologies, nothing. Since they changed the terms and conditions in light of the buyer, its been a horrendous place to sell anything.

Is this behaviour as common place as it seems from my experience?

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I won some auctions nearly 3 days and haven't paid for them because the seller has not produced a combine postage invoice. He communicated fine before the auctions. I have asked for a total as soon as the last one ended and have also sent another message. Nothing.

weaponx031277

Ive had no hassles over the summer period with some stuff ive sold but recently the last few batches of items ive sold ive had non payers galore.

IronGiant

You are, but they won't make you pay, just give you "penalty" points. Even with a "Buy it Now" I don't think you are forced to pay, you are still asked to.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Isn't that automatic?

bishbashboshdj

Did think about posting this in the shopping forum, so the mods can feel free to change it if necessary!

Absolutely bloody fed up with ebay at the moment. Last three things I've tried to sell, the auction goes the full distance, try and communicate with the buyer and then nothing.

No contact, no apologies, nothing. Since they changed the terms and conditions in light of the buyer, its been a horrendous place to sell anything.

Is this behaviour as common place as it seems from my experience?

I had this problem

You can get a eBay credit for unpaid amounts, but you have to jump through hoops.

IronGiant

With BIN, you can require immediate payment. No payment = no sale.
Yes, but they can still get buyers remorse and not pay you is what I meant. So even if you require immediate payment that is no guarantee you will get it.

hippy240980

I had to relist a phone three times before i got paid for it. One who didn't pay had over 1000 feedback.
I listed a camcorder at the same time as the phone and that went through fine.

I sell most of my stuff through gumtree now, i get a few timewasters but things usually sell within a day or so.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Isn't that automatic?
Apparently so now for most listings. Looks like you can add it to an auction as well.

upload_2015-11-2_18-45-31.png

Yes, but they can still get buyers remorse and not pay you is what I meant. So even if you require immediate payment that is no guarantee you will get it.
Not really. The transaction doesn't complete until payment is made. So if they don't pay, you'd never be aware that they'd try to buy in the first place.

IronGiant

Not really. The transaction doesn't complete until payment is made. So if they don't pay, you'd never be aware that they'd try to buy in the first place.
Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, so you can't be messed around by a non payer in the same way as a non payer in an auction. Now you mention it, it says (or did) that the item isn't yours until you pay for it and someone else can buy it out from under you.

drhcnip

Distinguished Member
aye, i used to have terrible trouble with this so only do the buy it now with immediate payment option...means i may miss out benefiting from the occasional mad overbid/bidding war but i can accept that if it means i don;t have to deal with timewasters....

blicky_1

I have just sold ten items to different people (X10 automation items) on eBay with no problems at all, to be fair in the 13 years I have used it (not a heavy user for selling) I have only had one person not paid/no contact and that was last year and it soon got re-listed/sold. Also makes it easier now you only pay when its sold and not just to list, still a bit of a rip off but it gets things gone (use local selling sites on FB for 'normal' items when I can)

Koeman2021

Banned
I sold a bluray player recently. 4 weeks later I got a message saying he was sending it back because it didn't work. Before I could reply I got another message saying he'd sent it back, to an address that wasn't even mine! Then raised a refund claim. Bonkers.

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
im coming across an increasing number of people who simply dont read the item description before buying the item. then after buying it they say i didnt realize it was so and so i dont want it now. and and even though ebay rules state you have to complete a purchase they always side with the buyer

weaponx031277

im coming across an increasing number of people who simply dont read the item description before buying the item. then after buying it they say i didnt realize it was so and so i dont want it now. and and even though ebay rules state you have to complete a purchase they always side with the buyer

With that i always say i want it returned recorded first class.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom