Ebay Timewasters?

Sulley75

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Ok, so im not a massive user of eBay but never experienced this:

Sold a game, 1 day listing, finally sold on Sunday. No payment sunday or monday. Got a message this morning to say they were away bank holiday weekend (how did they bid then?) and that they would pay as soon as their paypal was "sorted". There "rating" is 96% 200, so pretty good. But still no payment, despite me asking. Now, what annoyed me is that i put it as 1 day listing to get a quick sell, and i have asked when i am likely to receive payment and still no joy.

So, am i being to hasty? Or should i be demanding payment or relisting/second change offer?

This is new to me, i have a pretty good rating (150 @ 100%) and this is a new one on me!!

Thank you.

Gaz.

You can bid quite easily remotely on a phone. But perhaps that want to be at the computer to make the payment (although this could be done remotely too). I'd give them another day.

Yes, you are being just a little on the hasty side, Ebay generally "allow" people 4 days to pay, and you can set it up to automatically start a dispute for payment not received after 4 days, but given that people do, (sometimes through no fault of their own) have problems with Paypal i think you're being just a bit overzealous.

I think you are being hasty too.

The fact that you put it on 1-day for a quick sale is irrelevent to the buyer. I doubt he even noticed and if so probably didn't make the connection.

As other have said I find somethings quite easy on a smart phone especially if there is a dedicated mobile app but for other things which just use the full site and need careful input I try to avoid (especially where there is a financial element).

Besides he might have used a sniper bot.

I'd give him a few more days.

That is not to say that he isn't a timewaster - at first glance is does look like he might be - but you need to give him a few days grace.

Cheers,

Nigel

Dont those type of listings specify immediate payment?

Dont those type of listings specify immediate payment?

Only if the seller specifically sets it up that way. I use immediate payment on my listings all the time now to prevent this problem.

How can you have immediate payment on sale that isn't 'buy it now'.

For an auction you have no control on when the winner will visit eBay after the it has ended.

Cheers,

Nigel

You can't. The immediate payment option is only for buy-it-now listings. Unfortunately all the OP can do is wait and if they haven't paid within a reasonable time frame (I would say one week), open a case and re-list the item.

this is exactly the reason i only list buy it now immediate payment required

Thanks for the advice. I got a message from her yesterday saying she would pay last night. She didn't. Opened a case now. So frustrating.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom