Ebay the Pro's and Con's

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont have a go at me but I have seriously been thinking am I really gonna benefit from the profit made on my Wii, I will still have to buy another one, and prob spend the profit by time I can get one so wont be able to afford anyway, plus I know once I got it now I got it now. Your dilliemas ?!

thought that be the reply, hey I never usually feel this way but when you look at the prices they are going for makes you think. I was always gonna stick with it coz its amazing but only made me wonder coz I aint gonna play it untill I have my component cable so its killing me keeping it in the box :D

thought that be the reply, hey I never usually feel this way but when you look at the prices they are going for makes you think. I was always gonna stick with it coz its amazing but only made me wonder coz I aint gonna play it untill I have my component cable so its killing me keeping it in the box :D
To be honest I can't blame you being tempted. However, don't expect people to be patting you on the back.

[Mod Comment: Guys, remember, please keep the forums a friendly place. If for some reason you dont agree with someones thread or post you can always report it and it will be dealt with by an appropriate section Mod when they see the report. cheers: End Mod Comment]

thought that be the reply, hey I never usually feel this way but when you look at the prices they are going for makes you thinkQUOTE]

Thats called "greed".

No need to sell it mate, hold on to it.

I know sorry boy's I do intend keeping it just hard when you dont wanna connect it up with that damm included cable lol :D

I can't fault you mate, I'd get it sold if I were you. If these idiots on ebay are prepared to buy a Wii for double rrp take advantage of it. I bet you could get another one at retail before Christmas anyway.

I've gor a Wii bundle for my Daughter for Christmas and If it wasn't for her I'd sell it now on ebay now and try and get another one when compoent/RGB cables were commonplace.

dont say things like that coz ur tempting me and I know it makes complete sense, but im on av forums for a reason and ebayers selling there wii's are not in my eyes :thumbsup:

In some aspects i agree with you golf. After all it is xmas and this can be a hard time financially for many people so if money was tight and you can get good money then why not. Like previously stated if people want to pay mega bucks then thats up to them!
On the other side of the coin its whether you morally feel awful for doing such a thing and exploiting peoples need for it so much!

dont say things like that coz ur tempting me and I know it makes complete sense, but im on av forums for a reason and ebayers selling there wii's are not in my eyes :thumbsup:

Well why did you mention selling it on ebay in the first place if you knew what the reaction would be?

Well why did you mention selling it on ebay in the first place if you knew what the reaction would be?

Agreed its totally the wrong place to ask people on here as you must know how so many people frown upon it!
My advice is if you do decide to sell.. just dont mention it to anyone!
Saves me a job of having to delete and modify all the countless flaming posts!!

In some aspects i agree with you golf. After all it is xmas and this can be a hard time financially for many people so if money was tight and you can get good money then why not. Like previously stated if people want to pay mega bucks then thats up to them!
On the other side of the coin its whether you morally feel awful for doing such a thing and exploiting peoples need for it so much!

The crazy thing about ebay is that I took a look on Thursday night and these nutters were bidding over £300 on a Wii that ending that night.Why!! It may have turned out that they could have walked into any shop on Friday and bought one off the shelf for only £179.99.These ebay bidders absolutely amaze me.

I know what ur saying mate, hey its crazy im awake at 1.45 talking about this ill sleep on it, goodnight everyone happy wii playing throught the night !!

I agree but over half of them could be scammers etc you just dont know and ur paying ur listing fees only to relist etc is it worth it ?

The crazy thing about ebay is that I took a look on Thursday night and these nutters were bidding over £300 on a Wii that ending that night.Why!! It may have turned out that they could have walked into any shop on Friday and bought one off the shelf for only £179.99.These ebay bidders absolutely amaze me.

Agreed i could understand if it was common knowledge that you couldnt get one from any normal retailer before xmas but to bid and pay that much for something not even officially released is astonishing! For example i pre ordered mine from argos and comet ages ago and what happened today (sorry yesterday).. my argos delivery is delayed til later this morning and i popped into morrisons at 11 to get some lunch and they had quite a few units with games and accessories all for sale so i could of picked one up no problem!

I agree but over half of them could be scammers etc you just dont know and ur paying ur listing fees only to relist etc is it worth it ?

Yeah but it's only 20p to relist, you never lose out on ebay someone will always pay over the odds that the nature of the site.

Agreed i could understand if it was common knowledge that you couldnt get one from any normal retailer before xmas but to bid and pay that much for something not even officially released is astonishing! For example i pre ordered mine from argos and comet ages ago and what happened today (sorry yesterday).. my argos delivery is delayed til later this morning and i popped into morrisons at 11 to get some lunch and they had quite a few units with games and accessories all for sale so i could of picked one up no problem!

Now that is a bummer, just think though it will be even sweeter tomorrow, err today I mean when you get it. Longing makes the Heart Grow Fonder!!

Have a thought for me I'm gonna wait till the 24th so my Daughter can open it all and it's me who is gagging to have a go on it.

Now that is a bummer, just think though it will be even sweeter tomorrow, err today I mean when you get it. Longing makes the Heart Grow Fonder!!

Have a thought for me I'm gonna wait till the 24th so my Daughter can open it all and it's me who is gagging to have a go on it.

Yeh im officially excited now! Off to bed now. Gotta get round to my mothers for before 7am! :eek:

Dont have a go at me but I have seriously been thinking am I really gonna benefit from the profit made on my Wii, I will still have to buy another one, and prob spend the profit by time I can get one so wont be able to afford anyway, plus I know once I got it now I got it now. Your dilliemas ?!

Don't do it would be my advice - spread a little happiness! It's insert-religous-festival-of-choice so make it special for someone. Think how chuffed you would be if you were hunting high and low with no luck and then out of the blue someone offered you one at cost.....

That warm feeling is better than any monetary value - if you are hoping to make some cash so that you can eat then why did you buy one in the first place?

Don't do it would be my advice - spread a little happiness! It's insert-religous-festival-of-choice so make it special for someone. Think how chuffed you would be if you were hunting high and low with no luck and then out of the blue someone offered you one at cost.....

That warm feeling is better than any monetary value - if you are hoping to make some cash so that you can eat then why did you buy one in the first place?

A few posts on here then since I went last night then !! In response Tony its not for extra cash but if you can double up and then get a Wii basically next time round for nothing everyones a winner, its not my problem ppl will spend stupid and not wait a week or so !! But im keeping it anyway ur all be pleased to know dont wanna get on wrong side of av forums collegues :smashin:

There are two situations here...

I pre-ordered one from Argos and got the phone call telling me that they expect I will have one before Christmas but won't guarantee it.

My local Blockbuster store had one for sale so I bought it.

When my Argos one eventually arrives I'll have to sell it on eBay.

I don't consider myself one of these eBay scalpers!

Goods sell for the prices that people sre prepared to pay, thats a simple fact.

If someone is prepared to pay 350 pounds on ebay for a wii, then thats just the way the cookie crumbles.

No need to be abusive towards someone who is thinking of, or is selling on ebay - if punters are prepared to pay silly money then thats their lookout.

just my two-penneth.

There are two situations here...

I pre-ordered one from Argos and got the phone call telling me that they expect I will have one before Christmas but won't guarantee it.

My local Blockbuster store had one for sale so I bought it.

When my Argos one eventually arrives I'll have to sell it on eBay.

I don't consider myself one of these eBay scalpers!

Why not? because thats what you are.

Why dont you just cancel your Argos order?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom