ebay scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
but have a look at the bidders :rotfl: almost all of them is 0 feedback

Yep and it looks like 97frespr is the only genuine bidder being conned into buying! :oops:

Well it clearly says 'box' in the title. If you don't read the listing and end up bidding a few £'s its your own fault.

my mate bought an xbox box for £115 about a year ago, he didnt notice it said box twice. wrong but funny all the same.:)

its that just the box or box with the ps3 in it :D ?

This is an old scam and one I've seen on Ebay a while back regards the Xbox 360. I do agree that people should use common sense and the mention of the word box in the name should flag up alarm bells to indicate it's probably dodgy.

How is it a scam? He's clearly selling a ps3 box. No where is it implying any different. Its not the sellers problem if retards don't bother reading it properly. Good luck to him.

Because he is clearly hoping that people WONT notice that its only the box, and bid quickly hoping to get a bargain

Any reputable person would put in clear terms "THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE BOX ONLY" to avoid confusion

Yes the buyer should pay attention and read listings carefully, but equally the seller should also make clear exactly what is for sale. His listing and photo are purposefully vague

Because he is clearly hoping that people WONT notice that its only the box, and bid quickly hoping to get a bargain

Any reputable person would put in clear terms "THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE BOX ONLY" to avoid confusion

Yes the buyer should pay attention and read listings carefully, but equally the seller should also make clear exactly what is for sale. His listing and photo are purposefully vague

Thats my point tho. It is exactly clear what is for sale!

Well its now at 72 quid and it looks like the guy dould be a genuine bidder!!

What Im more annoyed about is I got a listing kicked off ebay once becasue they said it was ''spam'' and clearly wasnt!!

Grrrr

Lets all keep watching.....may be something in it selling just the box!!:devil:

Yep but the con is in getting his mates to enter false bids surely.

Up to £72 now!!

Exactly, it is a bit vague but if you had a query it'll be your responsibility to ask the question to get clarification. Shouldn't just assume it is the actual ps3, especially as it clearly states 'box'.

If the seller doesn't reply in due time then don't bid. If its too good to be true, it usually is.

I'll see how much it goes for and put my ps3 box on at the weekend i think. Happy days.

£102.00 now and £11.99 for P&P!! :eek:

I might as well and sell my 60GB PS3 box for £100. :rotfl: :rotfl: (Just joking)

I reported this item as intentionally mis-leading. Although the bidders are stupid enough to bid on something without reading it properly, I don't think it's morally right to accept bids of such high value. After seeing the bidding reach anywhere near £20, I feel the seller should announce and highlight the fact it is just a box that he is selling. As he hasn't, he must be looking to scam people.

the seller must be a ****** to con people like that. the buyer is probs some kid who dosent know better.

OMG! :eek:£132! and 13 hours to go!

im sorry but this isnt a scam. He has explained in the title that its a box. If people dont read stuff thats there on look out. "a fool and his money is soon parted"

I might try this myself. no, im not joking.

Caveat emptor - buyer beware (especially on ebay)

ps its up to £132!!!

I reported this item as intentionally mis-leading. Although the bidders are stupid enough to bid on something without reading it properly, I don't think it's morally right to accept bids of such high value. After seeing the bidding reach anywhere near £20, I feel the seller should announce and highlight the fact it is just a box that he is selling. As he hasn't, he must be looking to scam people.

Could not agree more! Nice one. :thumbsup:

I can't believe that some people see nothing wrong in this. It is a deliberate attempt to mislead someone into parting with their hard earned cash! I stress the word deliberate - yes technically he has done nothing wrong but he is clearly trying to mislead and thats the difference!

Makes me ******* mad! :mad:

how is he trying to misled people? he has typed the word "box" in the title, and the auction is for the "box"!

maybe he was thinking that an owner of a 60gb ps3 that had thrown out there own box, but wanted to sell the ps3, would buy his box, to raise the price of the ps3?

Ive seen a psp box on ebay that went for £15, and i assumed this was the reason.

The only part that might be seen as "wrong" is the "box" is described as new, when clearly it cant be, as its been opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom