ebay scam

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Hi, i was bidding on a kitchen the price went above £1400. ( 1400 was my max). I now get emails from people offering the same kitchen from the u.s as a special second chance. I have had 2 seperate id's messageing me. At first i thought well maybe it was ok so i emailed the ORIGINAL person and no reply.

Today i get another email from a user in the states who buy nothing but breast pumps. I guess he was trying to MILK :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
me.

Moosh

Good one! :thumbsup:

mjn

Distinguished Member
I've this kitchen, you may be interested in.........yours for £1400!

Ayub

Distinguished Member
DO NOT REPLY ON THIS EMAIL JUST CONTACT THE SELLER ON THIS:[email protected]
You expressed interest in an item titled:kitchen units and appliances(Item number:4443016607)by bidding,however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder.In compliance with eBay policy,the seller of that item is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of £1,400.00.The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has duplicate items for sale.If you accept this offer,you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction,such as fraud protection.
---DO NOT REPLY ON THIS EMAIL JUST CONTACT THE SELLER ON THIS:[email protected]
To learn more about Second Chance Offer go to:http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/personal_offer.html
http://www.ebay.co.uk/

Ayub

Distinguished Member
just got another Bloody hell am i atracting them?:cool: :cool: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Mep

I agree, I would never use it anymore just seems to make life easy for the crims.

Ayub

Distinguished Member
cool so i was " the one who got away" :cool: :cool: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Duncan G

Ayub said:
Hi, i was bidding on a kitchen the price went above £1400. ( 1400 was my max). I now get emails from people offering the same kitchen from the u.s as a special second chance. I have had 2 seperate id's messageing me. At first i thought well maybe it was ok so i emailed the ORIGINAL person and no reply.

Today i get another email from a user in the states who buy nothing but breast pumps. I guess he was trying to MILK :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
me.
Obviously a booby prize:D

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
I've had a couple of second chance offers on ebay. Its fine , just means the high bidder either pulled out or the reserve price wasn't met or the seller has another that he's willing to let go for the price you offered without waiting for another auction.

If the second chance invitation and transaction happens entirely on ebay then its no more risky than an actual auction you've won.

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Its the fact that the contact is not through ebay.

To be honest I dont reckon it is a scam. Probably a company who browse completed auctions and the send these out as a marketing ploy. If they were more honest and did not try and shroud their offer then they would do better.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom