• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ebay prices dropping

The prices on Ebay have dropped a fair bit this week. This item looks a steal but maybe dodgy? Dunno how to link but item no. 200060822889

Linzlad

Standard Member
nooooooooooo :eek: dont do it! i did! EXACTLY the same thing last sat, i had a notification off ebay saying someone hacked their account!

cheshire_carper

Established Member
Wouldn't touch it. Looks like a scam.

Bank Transfer? What have you got to hide?

No 'real' picture? Why? Too lazy or just not there?

Fuly boxed? Oh, ok, your command of the Engrisssh ranguage is great, respect my good fellow.

Only way I would buy that is with cash, face to face.

Linzlad

Standard Member
Well if its anything like the one i got (the listing is exactly the same :mad: ) he just doesn't contact you so i didn't end up paying anything, thank god, buts annoying as i thought i had a wii :(

cheshire_carper

Established Member
It depends if you want one before Xmas I suppose. Else, you trawl every site ad infinitum, hoping to bag at rrp.

In my eyes, a good balance between some who has and someone who hasn`t.

cheshire_carper

Established Member
Now that IS a bargain. :D

I don't know how old many of you are on here - but I remember (when I were a lad :D ), in days of old when the internet was all command line ftp and even before that when we had BBSs....

Well, remember import consoles? Remember the Megadrive, the snes, PCEngine? Neo Geo? Remember the console importers and the margins they worked to?

I bought a MegaDrive and Super Shinobi (Jap) for 400 quid.

My SNES was 450. I paid 175 for a Gameboy1. How about my NeoGeo? Holy smack, that was about 700 quid. The games were 250.

What we see today on Ebay is nothing new. I have paid heavily for consoles in my youth, now I find it better to be on the side of supply than the side of demand :)

Financially, anyway :D :D :D

cheshire_carper

Established Member
Assumed Paypal is used, theres about 30-35 quid profit there.

I think thats good for both parties. A reasonable profit, 15 point margin and a reasonable price for the buyer.

If I could guarantee a revenue stream that offered 35 pound on every unit sold, I would stop what I do now and start that business tomorrow.

arcam007

Established Member
If I could guarantee a revenue stream that offered 35 pound on every unit sold, I would stop what I do now and start that business tomorrow.
I wonder what margins the shops make. I read somewhere that Nintendo wanted price it at ~£99 but retailers weren't happy with the profit margin.

T

Tequila316

no doubt the prices have dropped todya, seme to be going for 250 for the basic console package, was 310 pounds last few days.

cHk4

Banned
Now that IS a bargain. :D

I don't know how old many of you are on here - but I remember (when I were a lad :D ), in days of old when the internet was all command line ftp and even before that when we had BBSs....

Well, remember import consoles? Remember the Megadrive, the snes, PCEngine? Neo Geo? Remember the console importers and the margins they worked to?

I bought a MegaDrive and Super Shinobi (Jap) for 400 quid.

My SNES was 450. I paid 175 for a Gameboy1. How about my NeoGeo? Holy smack, that was about 700 quid. The games were 250.

What we see today on Ebay is nothing new. I have paid heavily for consoles in my youth, now I find it better to be on the side of supply than the side of demand :)

Financially, anyway :D :D :D

I paid £700 for a jap dreamcast day the uk got them with 2 games :smashin: - didnt even get the VMU so could not save any games

E

EmmaW

wht time do you reckon is the best for buying from ebay? i didnt want to have to do it but im running out of options in order to get one by xmas

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom