• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

eBay-pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan154

I bought a light sabre on eBay a couple of days ago. I paid using PayPal. I e mailed the seller several times,but no reply.

I have two questions -

What happens if the seller does not send out the light sabre.will I get my money back in full?

What happens if the light sabre comes broken? Will I have lost my money?

The eBay seller

Eric

Distinguished Member
eBay/PayPal protection will apply if it doesn't turn up, broken, he may want you to send it back. Not sure on that side of things. I rarely buy anything like that from eBay.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Are you sure it's been dispatched yet?

what was the dispatch date and postal method?

Eric

Distinguished Member
I have bought stuff, seller never replies, doesn't mark as dispatched. Turns up a few days later. Never any contact.

It should say on the item an estimated delivery date range though.

Eric

Distinguished Member
Something like this...

image.jpg

Ewan154

it's says Estimated delivery Thu, 17 Dec - Fri, 18 Dec

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
As Eric says - look at the delivery estimate and wait till then. If nothing, then you can open an eBay case for item not received. The onus is then on the seller to prove that they have sent it - if they are unable to do that, eBay will refund you.

Ewan154

it says "
Returns:No returns accepted

Protection:ebay money back guarantee.

Does that mean I should get my money back if it turns up damaged? I'm an ebay newbie.

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Yes. The seller may request that the item is sent back to them but if it is damaged, the seller is responsible for the return postage.

Ewan154

Hi,
Thanks everyone.

Eric

Distinguished Member
Just login and on the drop down menu in MyeBay>purchased items there is contact the seller. Contact and select item not arrived or something similar. That will automatically open a dispute/resolution case.

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
Just login and on the drop down menu in MyeBay>purchased items there is contact the seller. Contact and select item not arrived or something similar. That will automatically open a dispute/resolution case.

As a business seller, I would say wait till the estimated date has passed. Opening cases counts against the seller (though this might be changing for this category).

IronGiant

it's says Estimated delivery Thu, 17 Dec - Fri, 18 Dec

@IronEric it's not even due until tomorrow. It's also Christmas, things may turn up after the expected date. I was expecting a delivery on Thursday to Friday last week. The tracking number became un-readable over the weekend so I logged in to ask WTF on Monday just as the door bell rang and there it was.

Eric

Distinguished Member
Oh god! I thought that was last week!! Not been with it of late!

I was in Tesco early one day this week. Purchased various things including loose mushrooms... Paid and left the store all happy. Later in the day we had to go back, at the checkout we were stopped to be check with those self scan things. She was rooting to scan some things and I blurted out, 'we haven't scanned the mushrooms'. Yes, the ones we bought earlier in the day, hadn't got any on this visit....

Getting old I think!

Ewan154

the item was expensive.

Eric

Distinguished Member
You are unable to do anything until after the date. The seller might just not reply to messages. I personally would wait till at least post Saturday, but give the seller a prompt after post Friday if it doesn't come.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
Was it a really one or a replica? I am looking for a real one but the only person I know that has one is using the force and he can tell how much money I have, it's so unfair, no way of bargaining.

Ewan154

it's a
Star Wars collectable lightsaber, Yoda FX model

Ewan154

it never turned up today.

tazmago

Distinguished Member
I hate dealing with sellers with poor communication, you just never know where you are with them. For that sort of price the seller really should have sent it by a trackable method, and provided you with tracking details.

I would email the seller (without opening a case yet), asking if it has been despatched. If you get a reply saying yes, then I would give it till Monday as Royal Mail are usually a bit behind this time of year. If you get no reply to your email within 24 hours, open up a dispute, that usually wakes them up :smashin:.

Good luck, hopefully the Force is with you :)

Eric

Distinguished Member
He has emailed the seller several times. States in post #1.

On that note, my damn thermostat didn't come today!! £10 that cost me!!

IronGiant

Estimated delivery was yesterday or today, still a bit early for disputes isn't it, even if he is uncommunicative .

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I'd give it a couple of extra days. eBay have not added the Christmas delays to their postal estimates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom