Ebay plex sellers with content subscriptions

Pistachio

Hi

I am looking to purchase a new device for streaming media to the kids TV. Looking on eBay you can pick up a now tv box with a 2 year plex service with a bunch of on demand content.

Example here :

BLACK NOW TV BOX WITH 24 MONTHS PLEX PASS

At the moment I just stream from I player and amazon, but tempted to pay for a now tv pass...just wondered if anyone had any experience of subscribing through plex...they sound cheap compared to buying services from sky (and possibly dodgy)...but the now tv passes seem to be available quite cheaply.

Thanks

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
It's a box with a lot of illegal streaming apps hooked up to a dedi server in a datacentre you subscribe to.

Are you comfortable giving people like that access to your credit card info?

Also note that discussion of illegal streaming, copyright content theft etc is against the forum rules so you're unlikely to get much of a response.

Pistachio

It's a box with a lot of illegal streaming apps hooked up to a dedi server in a datacentre you subscribe to.

Are you comfortable giving people like that access to your credit card info?

Also note that discussion of illegal streaming, copyright content theft etc is against the forum rules so you're unlikely to get much of a response.
Ta...since the seller is very open on eBay, 186 sold and a load of good feedback thought it might be okay...I guess when it seems too good to be true probably is.

Cheers

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Regardless of the legality of it, the service could just stop a week or few months after you purchase it for any number of reasons.

What comeback would you have?
It's not like you're subscribing to Sky.

bubblegum57

From reading the ebay description. This is what I think, you are using their FLUSSONIC SERVER.

So, this server with thousands of movies, how long will it be there? Where did they get the movies? Are they legally allowed to share them?

I thought plex was to show your own content. There are some plex channels, but I can't see any that will show movies for free.

This seems rather expensive, when you can buy a now tv box & buy passes when you want them, you can sideload plex to a now tv box, but I am not sure what it will add.

Sounds expensive at £100, when you can buy an android media player for far less.

mambo1888

You can get Amazon prime for half price with a student card (I think you can get one by signing up to an online course, which can be bought for a few quid) so thats £40 per year and you can stream TV & Films legally on different devices and most TVs now are smart TVs and have Amazon Video apps built in. If you want Plex you can get a Fire Stick for £35 which has an official Plex app you can download from the App store.

Last edited:

djcla

Distinguished Member
Good tip on the NUS card never knew you could do that, can also get Spotify premium half price

mambo1888

Ive never done it personally but I will do it when it comes to renew. There are a lot of benefits with the NUS card, I think it gives you 5% off at amazon too.

MarkE19

As already mention by Sloppy Bob the talk of illegal content on the forum is not allowed, so please keep this talk off the forum. There is however plenty of legal content available and we are obviously happy for this to be discussed.

As the OP says above - if it seems too good to be true............

Mark.

halfelite

I thought plex was to show your own content. There are some plex channels, but I can't see any that will show movies for free.
It is used for that but people found you can "share" your plex server and make a business out of it. Plex has recently started cracking down on this practice though. If they noticed a large amount of users asking for certain plex accounts they will ban the plex account.