Ebay non payment

wiz

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi
Had an auction running last night finished at 20:30 last bid was at 20:29:53.
Now no sign of buyer! How long do I give him before I report him to ebay? Because of the timings he must be aware he has won. Emails etc have not yeilded a result yet.

Thx
:mad:

Give him a day or so - he may be away for the bank holiday weekend and has used a snipe tool to make the last bid.

I am waiting for a payment also - like woodywizz says, I am waiting until tomorrow, presuming that he only has internet access at work - just 'send' another 'invoice' as a reminder with a note for him to contact you regarding payment, just as a nudge incase. Don't worry too much just yet - ebay says;

"Buyer has 7 days to pay. Thereafter you can open payment not received dispute."

I usually give the buyer 1 week to make payment. Then if nothing happens, report it to ebay. They will then contact the seller

Ebay will only let you report a non-payment after 1 week (which can be a double edged sword). This should give the buyer ample time. If you demonstrate that you have made every effort to contact them through the eBay message system then they will usually find it in your favour (provided the buyer responds) and award you the final value fee + listing fee in credit.

Pity they are not so generous with non-delivery of goods. Bought a BD off a guy in Hong Kong (dealt with different people over there and never had a problem). He shut shop, took the money and ran. To add insult to injury, eBay took a $25 fee for the case (on a $27.50 transaction), leaving me with $2.50.

I would definitely wait a week.

The bid time could possibly be a snipe and we are in the holiday season.

I have the opposite problem, paid for an auction straight after winning it, on 21st August, and still waiting for the item to be posted.

Sent numerous e-mails, but no reply.

I have the opposite problem, paid for an auction straight after winning it, on 21st August, and still waiting for the item to be posted.

Sent numerous e-mails, but no reply.

As its been a week and you havent heard anything, I would contact ebay

As its been a week and you havent heard anything, I would contact ebay

I'm going to wait to see if it turns up in the post today, with yesterday being a Bank Holiday.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom