Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

EBAY makes more profit from Fraudsters....& you & I pay it !!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DJW, Jun 28, 2005.

1. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to share my experience of EBAY actaully making more profit when Fraudelent users buy items from legitimate customers.

Recently I listed my wifes car on EBAY (£11 listing fee), with a BUY IT NOW option. Car was bid on via BUY IT NOW, by user who had registered that day. No contact & within 2 days negative feedback from 2 others on EBAY with expensive items that had been fraudently bid on also. Reported to EBAY who banned user.

Followed correct process to report unpaid goods & relisted. Item did not sell :(, so ended up selling to dealer direct.

Anyway when my statement came through from EBAY I found they had recredited my final value fee (£30), but I had 2 x £11 listing fees.

On questioning EBAY (which takes ages via routes on website) they stated they do not refund original listing fee if item does not sell 2nd time round !!!. I pointed out it was a fraudelent user that was banned by themselves that cuased problem...not me. Still no luck :mad:

It was only when sent an EMAIL stating EBAY was actually making more money by fraudelent users messing people like myself about (eg. 2x £11 instead of 1 x £11) , which I thought consumer pgms such as WatchDog would be interested in plus Trading Standards, that they backed down & refunded my money :lesson: .

2. temsy

temsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Well done Dave.