1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EBAY makes more profit from Fraudsters....& you & I pay it !!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DJW, Jun 28, 2005.

1. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to share my experience of EBAY actaully making more profit when Fraudelent users buy items from legitimate customers.

Recently I listed my wifes car on EBAY (£11 listing fee), with a BUY IT NOW option. Car was bid on via BUY IT NOW, by user who had registered that day. No contact & within 2 days negative feedback from 2 others on EBAY with expensive items that had been fraudently bid on also. Reported to EBAY who banned user.

Followed correct process to report unpaid goods & relisted. Item did not sell :(, so ended up selling to dealer direct.

Anyway when my statement came through from EBAY I found they had recredited my final value fee (£30), but I had 2 x £11 listing fees.

On questioning EBAY (which takes ages via routes on website) they stated they do not refund original listing fee if item does not sell 2nd time round !!!. I pointed out it was a fraudelent user that was banned by themselves that cuased problem...not me. Still no luck :mad:

It was only when sent an EMAIL stating EBAY was actually making more money by fraudelent users messing people like myself about (eg. 2x £11 instead of 1 x £11) , which I thought consumer pgms such as WatchDog would be interested in plus Trading Standards, that they backed down & refunded my money :lesson: .

2. temsy

temsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well done Dave.