Ebay madness

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Have people not realised the iPad has been out for months and is readily available?

APPLE IPAD 3G 16GB WI-FI 9.7

Why would you pay £555 from an ebay seller when you can buy exactly the same thing for £529 from Apple and that is before looking at other places offering discounts/Quidco etc.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Have people not realised the iPad has been out for months and is readily available?

APPLE IPAD 3G 16GB WI-FI 9.7

Why would you pay £555 from an ebay seller when you can buy exactly the same thing for £529 from Apple and that is before looking at other places offering discounts/Quidco etc.
Yes, I know.

You look at the prices of the Official iPAd case from Apple also.

Perhaps there are people out there who just have no idea of the Retail price or are so blinded by Ebay they just buy on there irrespective.

Anyone want to buy an Xbox Box :D

dc8900

Distinguished Member
some unhappy feedback about their ipads:

Item never arrive!!! 2 more days to see if arrive if not.. will open a case payp Buyer: elischiavoni80 ( 173) 04-Dec-10 21:00

NEW APPLE IPAD 32 GB 3G WIFI UNLOCKED WORLDWIDE (#250718605626)
now, what I find amazing is that their claiming the ipads are unlocked worldwide, when they are sold by default as being not-network locked! unless they mean jailbroken

Stiggy

now, what I find amazing is that their claiming the ipads are unlocked worldwide, when they are sold by default as being not-network locked! unless they mean jailbroken
we get a lot of questions here asking if US iPads are 'unlocked' to work in the UK, so it's not such a silly thing to say.

However, some people seem to think that just because something is sold on eBay it's a bargain. Many DVDs etc are sold for more than you can get them delivered from play.com or Amazon.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
we get a lot of questions here asking if US iPads are 'unlocked' to work in the UK, so it's not such a silly thing to say.
that's very true but it just seems to me that they are portraying that their ipad is extra special because it's "unlocked worldwide" when ideally they should mention it's the default for it to work worldwide on any network

but yes, some of the prices on the bay are outrageous

A Legal Beagle

dc8900

Distinguished Member
well seeing as the item location is claimed to be Brighton, it should arrive fine, no real difference between the UK and US ipads really

A Legal Beagle

well seeing as the item location is claimed to be Brighton, it should arrive fine, no real difference between the UK and US ipads really
Thanks for that.

Yeah when I bought a Panasonic TZ4 camera from them a while back, I was a bit dubious about the whole Brighton and special delivery. However, 2 days later it arrived from Brighton via special delivery.:smashin:

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I suspect they do.

Question is; Do I go for the 32GB for an extra £50?:confused:
seeing as a 32GB wifi from Apple is £499 and here it's from £435 (or £437.90 buy it now) plus £9.90 p+p, that makes a nice small saving of just over fifty quid

Well a lot of people mention that when they have got 16GB, they end up running out of space, so if you watch the amount of content you get or are not going to put a lot on then 16GB is fine but 32GB is worth the extra IMHO

tigermad

What does this mean on the bottom of the Ebay ad though?

"BRAND NEW. IN ORIGINAL RETAIL BOX. COMES WITH ALL LISTED ACCESSORIES & 1 YEAR DIRECT GUARANTEE BY SELLER"

Does that mean the warranty is with the seller and not Apple :confused:

kopite72

"BRAND NEW. IN ORIGINAL RETAIL BOX. COMES WITH ALL LISTED ACCESSORIES & 1 YEAR DIRECT GUARANTEE BY SELLER"

I bought a 32GB from Ebay last month for £429 & the warranty is with apple, doesn't come into effect until you sync the Ipad to Itunes

tigermad

So although they are selling a US model, you can get the warranty for here no problem? What about a 3 pin charger, bet it doesn't come with that?

A Legal Beagle

So although they are selling a US model, you can get the warranty for here no problem? What about a 3 pin charger, bet it doesn't come with that?
It will probablly come with a 3 pin adapter. They did the same when I bought the camera off them. Th warranty is a worldwide warranty with Apple

silps

Standard Member

Everyone who thinks that the warranty is with Apple because it gets registered with Apple on first sync, have you actually confirmed that with Apple themselves? Remember, this is an import and Apple do state that you will have to provide the receipt for warranty. By the way there are UK sellers who are selling at about the same price as Digigood on eBay when they have the ipad in stock. I got mine from a UK business seller on eBay and its UK stock.

Also, if Apple don't honour the warranty and you have to return to Digigood then where do you post to, UK or US as Digigood is a US seller?

A Legal Beagle

Everyone who thinks that the warranty is with Apple because it gets registered with Apple on first sync, have you actually confirmed that with Apple themselves? Remember, this is an import and Apple do state that you will have to provide the receipt for warranty. By the way there are UK sellers who are selling at about the same price as Digigood on eBay when they have the ipad in stock. I got mine from a UK business seller on eBay and its UK stock.

Also, if Apple don't honour the warranty and you have to return to Digigood then where do you post to, UK or US as Digigood is a US seller?
As far as Digigood are concerned, they have a UK base in Brighton. So, any warranty issues, you could contact them and return the item. They have there own website too:
Digigood - we digitize your life

As for the Apple warranty, The international warranty applies:
"If you seek service in a country that is not the country of original purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. Where international service is available, Apple may repair or exchange defective products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards. In accordance with applicable law, Apple may require that you furnish proof of purchase details and/or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service."
Quoted from Apple.com

The T&C's of the Warranty by Apple is here:
http://images.apple.com/legal/warranty/docs/NA_iPad_Warranty_v20.pdf

I was originally concerned about warranty issues but I am fairly confident that if any issues do arise, They will be sorted.

Last edited:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Another one here:

iPad 16GB 3G is £529 direct from Apple.

But from this Ebay seller you can pay £550 PLUS £43.69 postage. :laugh::laugh:

A Legal Beagle

It has just arrived from Digigood. Problem is I am at work and busy so no trying it out until this evening.:thumbsdow

It has arrived via Special delivery. The only thing I am confused about is that it was dispatched Thursday but only arrived today.:confused: I am sure its down to the disarray the postal system finds itself in at the moment.

Anyway, the good thing is, its arrived and ill report back later with my findings:D

gerryman62

It has just arrived from Digigood. Problem is I am at work and busy so no trying it out until this evening.:thumbsdow

It has arrived via Special delivery. The only thing I am confused about is that it was dispatched Thursday but only arrived today.:confused: I am sure its down to the disarray the postal system finds itself in at the moment.

Anyway, the good thing is, its arrived and ill report back later with my findings:D
Good job :smashin: enjoy playing with it and let us know your thoughts.

celsius

how do they come to that figure? :eek::confused:is it hand delivered by Steve Jobs himself? ;)
I am sure they can price it but there is no taker.

I do not think there are many stupid buyers.
Ah yes, they just need one of them to get the business!

Trending threads

Top Bottom