Ebay is it worth the purchase

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As you all probably already know you can get PS3's off ebay between £340-£380 quid buy it now or submit best offers that includes postage from a number of ebayers.
Was thinking of going down this road to save a few quid but would I still get warranty etc from sony obviously if I had a fault/problem I wouldnt be able to swap/refund like in a shop.
Im thinking may be best to buy from retailer, your thoughts please ?!
cheers:thumbsup:

for the sake of a couple of quid, id buy it from a proper retalier.

i have been burnt before on Ebay (lost £1799) so be careful.

I agree, you get a bit more peace of mind from a retailer and for me that is worth the extra money.

for the sake of a couple of quid, id buy it from a proper retalier.

i have been burnt before on Ebay (lost £1799) so be careful.

sorry to hear that mate how did that happen ? Personally myself had no problems I buy and sell succesfully but surely if I buy off a genuine guy with Paypal everything should be fine, but saying all that I agree with what you guys say I think a retail purchase online/high street is prob best in the long term its hardly just 50 quid im spending is it?

you should be fine, PayPal offers a £500 protection scheme.

Matt

ive been an ebayer for years - as long as they have good feedback and lots of it you shud be fine

ive been an ebayer for years - as long as they have good feedback and lots of it you shud be fine

I agree, just use common sense!

I bought one of ebay brand new PS3, rfom, motorstorm, genji, click & hdmi cable all sealed for £420. I opted to find one close by so i could collect, my advice would be check feedback and ask a few questions to see if you get replies. I also made sure there was a receipt if there were any problems although you have the warranty with sony off course. I think if your careful you should be ok although its never 100% safe.

Just be very careful ..had a mate get ripped off for £400 last week on ebay..the seller had 80 100% feedback ..yes the item has £500 paypal protection BUT it takes time and hassle to get the money back ..for the sake of £20 -40 quid I'd buy from a store

Paypal only pay a percentage of your money back-I found that out when i was ripped off!

i got mine for £250 from ebay and love it, so thankfull that i didnt go into a shop here and pay £425 for it, at least i can order US Blurays for 12-15 quid instead of the price that you have to pay here

Its a risk for sure but it can be worthwhile.
I got my 60Gb US PS3 for £310 with a blu ray disc so Im happy!! :thumbsup: :D :smashin:

I bought a PS3 from eBay last year November and when it arrived the warranty seal was missing. :eek:

It only worked for a week and then broke down. If your buying a UK machine just make sure the guy hasn't tampered with it.

I purcased a ps3 in december from a guy in canada was 60 gig model with rfom, call of duty 3, nba, extra controller for £500. No bother there brand spanking new ordered it on 24th december arrived 4th or 5th january.

I have also purchased a Home theatre pc from ebay around £500 no problems.

If you were thinking of buying a UK model you are probably better off youing to gamestation and getting a ps3 for £399 with movie and possibly a game.

I sold my £600 saxophone on there - was a bit worrying but as long as you use common sense it should be fine. Given the choice Id use a normal retailer personally, especially as DVD.co.uk are doing them at £375 delivered inc quidco.

I bought one from eBay this week and collected it this morning. I wanted to collect rather than rely on shipping as that way I get to meet the seller in person. If they let you collect from their house, odds on they are genuine. I also made sure I have the receipt and also checked the machine was purchased locally (which it was).

There are good people out there on eBay, just be careful and take your time. I managed to get a UK model, Motorstorm and RFOM plus HDMI cable for £380 all unopened so there are bargains out there!

I bought one from eBay this week and collected it this morning. I wanted to collect rather than rely on shipping as that way I get to meet the seller in person. If they let you collect from their house, odds on they are genuine. I also made sure I have the receipt and also checked the machine was purchased locally (which it was).

There are good people out there on eBay, just be careful and take your time. I managed to get a UK model, Motorstorm and RFOM plus HDMI cable for £380 all unopened so there are bargains out there!

Did they guy look pig sick when you picked it up? I would have been scared of going round to collect it incase he linched me! he must of made over a £100 loss!

Did they guy look pig sick when you picked it up? I would have been scared of going round to collect it incase he linched me! he must of made over a £100 loss!

I already paid for it beforehand (paypal) so it was just a simple collection! He didn't look pig sick, but obviously I had a big smile !

I've been on the fence for a while having already got a 360 and Wii but at that price it was a pretty good deal including the games and lead too.

I recently attempted to purchase a PS3 off ebay. After much hassle and delay with the seller being very slow to post the item (and charging me for 1st class recorded delivery, then sending it standard parcels!) it finally came. Inside the ps3 box that he sent was a dusty old creaky ps2 that he had haphazardly shoved in. I was disgusted. Have not been able to contact the seller and unfortunately I did not use paypal to pay so am not sure what is going to happen. I'm sure there are plenty of sellers out there who are legit and decent, but I think you are always taking a risk when using ebay. My personal recommendation would be to buy it from a reputable retailer.

I recently attempted to purchase a PS3 off ebay. After much hassle and delay with the seller being very slow to post the item (and charging me for 1st class recorded delivery, then sending it standard parcels!) it finally came. Inside the ps3 box that he sent was a dusty old creaky ps2 that he had haphazardly shoved in. I was disgusted. Have not been able to contact the seller and unfortunately I did not use paypal to pay so am not sure what is going to happen. I'm sure there are plenty of sellers out there who are legit and decent, but I think you are always taking a risk when using ebay. My personal recommendation would be to buy it from a reputable retailer.

:eek: the cheek to put a PS2 in it, what was the point of that ? :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom