Quantcast

ebay interest

Mics49

Novice Member
was on sale at Amazon Japan for ~50 pounds just 2 weeks ago - that's from where they all are. ;)

kourosh

Distinguished Member
it makes you its so rare he has 4 of them:D

partyweb

Novice Member
MrBlofeldt said:
Saw this on ebay, not sure if it's worth it, it does seem rather pricey

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NAUSICAA-GHIBLI-LIMITED-EDITION-DVD-MEGA-SET-OOP-RARE_W0QQitemZ9110691044QQcategoryZ41524QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dont't know if anyone else has already posted this...
It was going for ~£50-60 delivered on amazon.co.jp about a month ago but is now sold out which is why it's on ebay for silly money.

Read more about it on this thread:
http://www.theimportforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4529&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

EDIT: Mics49 already posted info while I was looking for the thread on the 'other' forum.

akarit1

Novice Member
Off the beaten track here a bit I know, but has anyone noticed how many dvd's on ebay work out to be the same price (with p+p) as some online retailers.And in some instances some sellers on Ebay are st***d enough to sell them for almost double the price using the "buy it now" tag!!Totally beyond belief.I know there are some bargains to be had, but find ebay for a lot of products not to be as good as it once was.

Mics49

Novice Member
i have yet to buy a single dvd from ebay...
that's how much i think of it as a source for dvd bargains.
the other day i was looking for the R3 HK of Shutter, there wasn't a single genuine item AFAICT...

KevD

Novice Member
Mics49 said:
i have yet to buy a single dvd from ebay...
that's how much i think of it as a source for dvd bargains.
the other day i was looking for the R3 HK of Shutter, there wasn't a single genuine item AFAICT...
Believe me, if your carefull you get some great bargains alot more if you take the ocassional gamble :smashin: I have picked up Jap Ultimate Edition for as little as 99p + postage and other OOP for a fraction of value as well as seasons 2 & 3 of Alias for £12 for both :eek:

Mics49

Novice Member
i was never that lucky when eyeing something there Kev.
but back to the question whether Nausicaa is any good.
i read the manga a couple of months ago (plus have the Korean "small" LE - still wrapped) and yep, i think it's worth a watch.
IINM, there is a new UK or US release of good quality if you want to check it out first.

kourosh

Distinguished Member
KevD said:
Believe me, if your carefull you get some great bargains alot more if you take the ocassional gamble :smashin: I have picked up Jap Ultimate Edition for as little as 99p + postage and other OOP for a fraction of value as well as seasons 2 & 3 of Alias for £12 for both :eek:

i bought terminator jap ultimate edition for £14 and ghostbustrs twin pack for £37 they are both oop i was well chuffed with them........you just need to be carfull and dont be shy of asking as many questions as you can,with the ghostbuster box set i must have asked the seller about 15 questions:eek: and then told him i wanted more photo's to check authenticity before i paid him,as you say kv you can find some real bargains.........i also got canibal holoucaust the 2 disc ultrabit version the only version that is full no 4000 out of 4000..yep the very last one for £20:D

C

Chumpy

akarit1 said:
Off the beaten track here a bit I know, but has anyone noticed how many dvd's on ebay work out to be the same price (with p+p) as some online retailers.And in some instances some sellers on Ebay are st***d enough to sell them for almost double the price using the "buy it now" tag!!Totally beyond belief.I know there are some bargains to be had, but find ebay for a lot of products not to be as good as it once was.
It is funny, but some people just seem to get carried away with the whole auction thing. It's worked out pretty well for me, as I managed to shift 99% of the DVDs I couldn't sell here easily on eBay. A few of them went for double what they cost me new, and what they could be picked up for at the time of sale. I'm not complaining though :)

JimmytheSaint

Nausicaa is my favourite of all of the Studio Ghibli offerings (I have all of them). The film is on par with 'Princess Mononoke' in both animation and storyline and is definately worth the purchase.
I would suggest the R1 disney version with the English dub, with voicing from the likes of Patrick Stewart (all of the major releases have excellent dubbed English tracks).

:)

Top Bottom