ebay help

akane_1984

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi wondering if anyone on the forum can help me, I sold my 'Superman Returns' over eBay on 8th Dec. . sent it first class (not recorded) on the 11th and buyer has still not received the item. Does anyone know where I stand as seller with eBay/Paypal? and what can be done, I checked Royal Mail website and they can't do anything until after 15 days from posting.

If it wasn't recorded, I'd guess up poo creek.
If you offered insurance as an option, it's the buyer's problem, IMO and he should cough up.
Easy to say I know, but I always use recorded as a minimum.
That way you have proof of posting.

This happened to me also.Very annoying and he may have it,of course but what can you do ?
I refunded the guy and have yet to claim back from the P.O. but at least you should end up even.

I for one will never be sending stuff that isnt recorded again !

If you got a Certificate of Posting you will be able to claim back the money for the lost package - you are covered up to £32.

It may still turn up as the postal service is crap at the moment.

Just explain the situation to the seller and if he's a reasonable chap then he should understand the situation and be prepared to wait it out.

eBay/PayPal usually ask for a tracking number as proof of posting if the buyer takes that route... not sure if the CoP would satisfy them?

Well I offered 'insurance' as part of postage, I have never lost post before so is it easy enough if I gave a refund to claim back of P.O?

edit; how do you get CoP? . . I rang royal mail earlier some woman told me after 15days the post is considered lost. been 8 days so far.

Well I offered 'insurance' as part of postage, I have never lost post before so is it easy enough if I gave a refund to claim back of P.O?

edit; how do you get CoP? . . I rang royal mail earlier some woman told me after 15days the post is considered lost. been 8 days so far.

You get one when you post something - the PO fill in the name and address of the postal destination and stamp it - that is your proof that you posted the item. I don't think you can claim anything if you didn't obtain one at the time.

Had this happened before royal mail will not pay out unless you have a Certificate no matter what the circumstances are as no way of proving that the item was sent.

I now always send items first class recorded saves the hassle of the item going missing and also means less likely to be stolen by staff as well. It also proves that the seller has got item otherwise an ebay buyer could have the item but tells you they havent.

Hi wondering if anyone on the forum can help me, I sold my 'Superman Returns' over eBay on 8th Dec. . sent it first class (not recorded) on the 11th and buyer has still not received the item. Does anyone know where I stand as seller with eBay/Paypal? and what can be done, I checked Royal Mail website and they can't do anything until after 15 days from posting.

Mind you looking at dates still not unreasonable for the item to be delivered had to wait almost 10-12 days for item to get here from play.com due to high postal volumes at present so hang in there your item may still get to seller

You're not alone.

I sent a First Class item on the 12th, buyer reported it as not shown up on the 16th. Haven't heard anything since.

I ordered stuff from HMV before the 10th, the first thing turned up yesterday and the game i brought as a present still has not, so i think you have to be extra patiant this time of year. Also, as far as ebay and paypal are concerned, if he files a complaint paypal will take any money i9n your account witout asking as they are cocks, iv had lots of run in with them, AND MANY angry phonecalls when they took £50 out of my account that i had proof of posting for and i now refuse to accept them as a method of payment.

But late nopw, but just a heads up - after all if someone pays by postal order or bank transfer, then they have to be reasonable and go through you to get it back, as opposed to just filing a complaint. :smashin:

Been in the same position as the OP, took it on the chin and refunded the buyer then done everything as recorded from then on, funnily enough nothing has went walkies.

Liam

Ive just won this item on ebay (190063344908) a Motorola RIZR Z3 mobile for £150.
Please look at it and the sellers feedback and recent items. This item I have been quoted in a local shop £220, I have bid on quite a few others the same but they have never gone for this price and buy it now is usually around £230+. The seller has very good feedback but the recent items were very low value. The invoice from the seller came very quickly after the auction ended and the other things are ringing alarm bells though it is via paypal. Am I just being paranoid?

Seems ok to me, probably a contract upgrade they dont want. Its always risky buying such items on ebay but sometimes you have to take a chance to get a bargain, at least its payment via paypal so more secure than a cheque or postal order...

yeah looks like gonna loose out on the money and have to issue refund. Have asked buyer to give it til after christmas on the off chance it turns up, if not ill give refund.

Did my above post get moved from a new thread? I thought if I posted in here it would be hijacking.

The whole thread has been moved into general chat as it had nothing to do with the 360 ;)

The whole thread has been moved into general chat as it had nothing to do with the 360 ;)

No I meant Im sure I had started a new threat titled -more ebay, but when I checked here later it the new thread had dissapeared and my post is in here. Or I'm losing my mind.

That's entirely possible - the moderators will occasionally merge similar threads together to keep things tidy :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom