Ebay help

shaun24

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give me some advice on what to do here.

A few months ago i got my ebay account suspended because i did not pay for my unpaid items and i had so many items of 289 but now its gone down to £213 to be paid and my account has been suspended since and it was a mistake ordering to many at once and i regret it but is they anyway i could get my ebay account active again? or have my account been suspended for good?

I contact ebay.co.uk customer service but they not much help, they just keep asking me to contact sellers and ask them to remove the unpaid item but not having much luck with them at all and i am missing great items :(

I only bought jeans from my ebay account as i like jeans :D

The reason why i did not pay for some of the items is because i could not pay them due to no money and i never know i was going into a contract with them :eek:

It asks to confirm after you click buy it now and says above it that you will be commiting to buying which is basically the same.

Just for future reference :)

u needed to get in touch with the seller to cancel the purchase

Sounds like ebay have a good way to get rid of timewasters, someone telling the seller he was going to buy and then going missing so that the seller has no idea what is going on and probably missing out on a sale. Ebay don't need people like that spoiling it for everyone.

the reason why i did not pay for some of the items is because i could not pay them due to no money

Then it's your own fault then.

Tbh i think it might be better if you left eBay alone,

sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Sounds like ebay have a good way to get rid of timewasters, someone telling the seller he was going to buy and then going missing so that the seller has no idea what is going on and probably missing out on a sale. Ebay don't need people like that spoiling it for everyone.

Who said i was a timewaster? i did not knew the rules as i never used ebay before and i did not read the rules, i should have done now :(:mad:

Who said i was a timewaster? i did not knew the rules as i never used ebay before and i did not read the rules, i should have done now :(:mad:

...and what would you call someone who posts a message that he will buy something and then keeps the seller in the dark because he didn't know he wasn't allowed to waste the seller's time ?

You win auctions and don't pay for them? :rolleyes:

How old are you?

A auction demands the buyer pays up, it's not a casual sale. If you bid at a auction in real life and win it you have to pay.

How would you like it if you had for sale items, people win it but never pay? Granted they're not being ripped off, but they want to sell it, not wait until the buyer pays for it, or disappears whilst bidding on other things.

Grow up.

You win auctions and don't pay for them? :rolleyes:

How old are you?

A auction demands the buyer pays up, it's not a casual sale. If you bid at a auction in real life and win it you have to pay.

How would you like it if you had for sale items, people win it but never pay? Granted they're not being ripped off, but they want to sell it, not wait until the buyer pays for it, or disappears whilst bidding on other things.

Grow up.

I've had it happen several times and I did feel ripped off. Firstly if you the momentum, but I've had a few times where second place bidder also had contingency bids on comparable items and because a time-waster like the OP didn't go ahead with it by the time offered they already purchased it elsewhere. So it is effectively a lost sale, and thus time, and then it also puts off a group of people that assume something is wrong with the item when the buyer doesn't go ahead with the deal.

Sure it can happen once, but it sounded like it happened many many times and even to such an extend where you actually won the auction and didn't pull out (which is also irritating) before then.

Sorry pal, but 'I didn't know is a very very week defence' what do you think the confirmation 'Are you sure you want to buy this...' means?

Every time you bid you get this message from ebay before you confirm bid.

You're agreeing to a contract -- You will enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller if you're the winning bidder. You're responsible for reading the full item listing, including the seller's instructions and accepted payment methods. Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

So you cant really say you didnt know.
This really annoys me when selling. It takes about a week for the seller to get any final value fees refunded.

I only bought jeans from my ebay account as i like jeans :D

...now its gone down to £213 to be paid

I should think you do like jeans don't you!???

Ebay suspend accounts when you don't play by their rules, no offence but from what I have read you've bid on £213 worth of items and have no intention of paying for them, so in this case the suspension is right.

shaun24 said:

Are you for real ?

You buy but then don't expect to pay?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom