1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EBay has banned XBOX 360 Sales.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by mhd1966, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhd1966

mhd1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    !

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Thats the best thing ebay have ever done.!

So many retarded folk out there are buying more than one machine in the hopes of selling them on ebay for extortionate prices.!

3. i-bert

i-bert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I agree.
    If its true then well done ebay.I'm not sure if it will make any difference to me getting my pre-order though.

4. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Rubbish! They won't do it. How can they. All people have to do is sel them as second hand. Otherwise why can they sell the ps2 and not the 360? The only difference is the 360 is newer therefore has higher demand. How long would the 360 have to be to before they would allow sales.

5. add46.88

add46.88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    so ebay are going to ban anyone from selling there pre-orders???

im guessing when the console is actually out that selling it would be fine?

6. mhd1966

mhd1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes Adam, thats right. It will stop people ordering 3 or 4 or more of them from the shops and then selling them to people at 3 or 4 times the cost. A very selfish and immature thing to do indeed. The UK is only getting around 175.000 units.Thus everyone is going to be very happy with just one!
    Its just hype, when its been out for a few weeks, no one will be interested.And once we get into the new year,everyone will go `on hold` for PS3...you watch!

7. add46.88

add46.88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    If this turns out to be true then there is gonna be some seriously :mad: :mad: poeple.But it wont stop them they will try other auction sites like ebid...

8. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Excellent news if true, its all these scammers deserve, I hope they end up out of pocket because of this.

9. Croker

Croker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Get over it. If people weren't so cretinous as to pay 3 times the market value of something just because it was "in demand", then there wouldn't be any scammers trying to flog them.

Have they just prevented things like "OMG!!! A JAN-U-WINE RECEET 4 A XBOX 360!! LOLZ!!!??!?!" from being sold, or have they specifically forbidden the actual console from being sold?

If it's the latter, that's hypocrisy on a grand scale - as ably pointed out above, you can buy any other console "second hand", so why single out X360? If it's the former, why bother stopping people selling "genuine preorder receipts"? People who are that trusting/gullible/stupid deserve to be dealt a harsh lesson in the school of life.

A final note - people who buy lots of 360s and sell them on aren't "scammers". They haven't broken any laws. They've simply taken advantage of people's greed and desire to have things RIGHT THIS INSTANT! That's profiteering - at least the customer will get the product at the end of it...a genuine scammer will take your money and give you precisely zip in return.

Really...you're all so obsessed with badmouthing resellers on eBay, rather than the f**king idiots who buy from them. Pick the right target!

10. Michaelknell

Michaelknell
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    AGREED!!!

11. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,431
    lol, likewise. TBH I can't really understand all the fuss people make about people ordering an extra console to sell on ebay, that's their choice if they want to try to make a few quid. It's not as though people haven't had ample time to pre-order a 360 from one place or another, I'm sure you can still get a safe pre-order in now if you search hard enough.

If it was a case of all the pre-order stock being sold out everywhere within a couple of days and no stock left for joe public, then I'd see an argument.

Personally I'd have though that the people that are so desperate to get a 360 on release(me for one ;) ) will have made sure they got their pre-order sorted comfortably.

As for me, I wouldn't fancy the risk of buying one for ebay profit, I mean by the time you pay the fee's, then risk the hoards of non-payers, you could end up losing money. Risk outweights the reward IMO.

Just my thoughts :rolleyes:

12. Craigy

Craigy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +707
    The only argument I would have against is the same I have when trying to buy tickets for an event, ie they take the space of a person who genuinely wants the product, if a person makes a profit then fair enough, each to their own.

13. phunt

phunt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Totally agree!! nice post.
    Personally i think anyone that has a problem with it is actually P*&^ed at themselves for not thinking on there feet quick enough to get in on the act.Lets face it...anyone daft enough to pay 2 or 3 times the RRP can obviously afford to do so,how does the saying go..."a fool and his money are soon parted". I mean its not like there askin orphan chilldren to pay 3 times the asking price for there next meal...its a games console for goodness sake.
    Hats off to anyone that had the initiative to do it i say :clap:

Oh and Ebay banning 360 sales??? Poppycock. Ebay arnt there to mollycoddle people,there a business and they simply wouldnt turn that sort of revenue down when thers nothing illegal about it.

14. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just had a look on Ebay, there are hundreds of 360's for sale.

Sounds like Bu****IT to me.

15. Overlord69

Overlord69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Wow, thanks for that detailed post. :rolleyes: :D

16. Scotty306

Scotty306

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'd like to see this thread closed.

It's not true, and it seems the subject causes arguments

17. thefantasticmrh

thefantasticmrh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Personally I have no problem with people trying to make a bit of money, I wouldn't think that any of those selling preorders are driving Ferraris.

Like Tetlee says selling on Ebay with items like this would be a nightmare, there will be plenty of non-paying bidders, lots of kids who have used their parents accounts, and then the idiots who think they have bought an Xbox 360 instead of a receipt (anyone remember £50 cardboard boxes?)

I doubt Ebay could actually do much about it if the number of items listed was high, even if they really wanted too. A quick browse through the pyramid schemes, copied games and dvds, and "genuine" Louis Vuitton bags suggests that Ebay are either apathetic or overwhelmed by the number of scammers that use it to make money.

In the end if there are loads of preorder reciepts for sale the value of them will drop and the sellers will make very little profit for their time, and if there are only a few and the price goes through the roof then nobody has really been hurt apart from the foolish who are willing to pay.

18. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    a) We have too many pre-order threads already. Do we really need another? A comment in one of those would suffice.
    b) This thread is already leading to copycat arguments, the like of which we have seen too many of.

Therefore, thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.