Ebay... go on have a look !!

RAINS

i just bagged myself a system on Ebay. Had been looking over the last few days just out of interest as i can wait till the new year.

Noticed the prices are starting to come down as it's getting close to xmas and they want to shift them as the last postage day is today. So i restricted my view to 10 miles within my postcode and looked at emailing those sellers with no bids.

I managed to get a response from a chap who's just got a second PAL delivered on preorder and agreed £220 cash with play.

Going to pick up tonight as is only 5 miles from where i live.

It might not suit all of you but it's worth giving it a try....:smashin:

W

wildduck

Beware Royal Mail Special Delivery. They say guaranteed for next day delivery but it doesn't always happened (sent a Wii yesterday to somebody and arrived at post centre too late to go out today!).

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
There has been some dodgy bidding going on there today.I have seen a couple of core packs go for over £400 and the 2 people bidding agaisnt each other both had 0 ratings.
5 minutes later and the same thing sells for £265 ???????

B

Babbler

Beware Royal Mail Special Delivery. They say guaranteed for next day delivery but it doesn't always happened (sent a Wii yesterday to somebody and arrived at post centre too late to go out today!).
Get a refund for postage then - its part of the guarantee! 18 quid is a lot to get back...

On the back of your slipit should have delivery date on it - check the online tracking and if its later than that then you are entitled to money back...

W

wildduck

Still no good if its sent tomorrow for delivery on Saturday and doesn't turn up. Wouldn't bother with Ebay now unless the item could be collected.

Quite aware of the refund process already, will be doing it. But my point was it damages my reputation and disappoints other people.

nickp8

Novice Member
If you use ebay you can still have GUARANTEED delivery for christmas.

All you need to do is ask the seller to use Royal Mail Special Delivery and ask for the GUARANTEED SATURDAY DELIVERY option. This is £2 extra. It will be guaranteed for delivery this Saturday 23rd December.

I have used the guaranteed saturday service many times in the past without any problems. Always been delivered on the saturday.

See: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400024&mediaId=28100664

Your last posting date for UK and the Channel Islands is 22.12.06
Remember, if you use our Special Delivery™ Guaranteed Saturday Delivery service your last posting date for the UK and the Channel Islands is Friday 22nd December

Nickp.

W

wildduck

Doesn't always happen (didn't with my Wii sent yesterday - still in Royal Mail depot today!)

nickp8

Novice Member
I send out up to 50 or so Special Delivery parcels a week and they always have been delivered next day except for one occasion about 2 years ago. Never had one lost either.

If you post late in the evening there is a chance it might get to the sorting office late depending on what time the driver does the last collection from your PO.

Nickp.

W

wildduck

Sent at 15:30, well within the 17:00 deadline.

Not here to argue the point, just to warn people that Royal Mail despite their guarantees do not always deliver next day.

Therefore, if you get your Wii sent tomorrow and Royal Mail repeat the service that they have given to me, you will NOT receive your Wii before Christmas.

I hope this is quite clear.

RedFrog

Standard Member
Sent at 15:30, well within the 17:00 deadline.

Not here to argue the point, just to warn people that Royal Mail despite their guarantees do not always deliver next day.

Therefore, if you get your Wii sent tomorrow and Royal Mail repeat the service that they have given to me, you will NOT receive your Wii before Christmas.

I hope this is quite clear.
I've just been a victim of this. My wii was meant to arrive yesterday on Royal Mail special delivery. It didn't turn up until around lunchtime today.

It does happen, especially at this time of year, I wouldn't be relying on a Saturday delivery, chances are it would turn up fine but the only certainty you get with special delivery is your money back if it turns up late.

tigermad

Distinguished Member
I've just been a victim of this. My wii was meant to arrive yesterday on Royal Mail special delivery. It didn't turn up until around lunchtime today.

It does happen, especially at this time of year, I wouldn't be relying on a Saturday delivery, chances are it would turn up fine but the only certainty you get with special delivery is your money back if it turns up late.
Yes sent something the other day special, took 2 days to arrive. Also sent something first class a week or so ago. Took over 5 days!

I don't want to see any disappointed kiddies expecting a wii. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom