Ebay fee

nick67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully knows how to do this.

I have a few items on ebay which I believe I listed when there was the £1/£3 fee offer, I also have others.

Is there a way to find out what the final selling fee will be on an item before accepting an offer?

the offers are normally max £1 selling fee etc so you will pay only £1 whatever it sells for
i've never seen any £3 max selling fee offers
if there is though, again you will only pay £3 whatever offer you accept

the offers are normally max £1 selling fee etc so you will pay only £1 whatever it sells for
i've never seen any £3 max selling fee offers
if there is though, again you will only pay £3 whatever offer you accept
OK thanks I get that, but those which were listed when the offers were not on?

Also does that max fee expire after a given time while the item is listed, I know ebay wants to make money somehow

As far as I'm aware, only the listings posted during the time of the offer (normally between friday-Monday when they run the offer) will be subject to the offer fee price. Any listings outwith that period will be subjected to the usual Ebay fees. You can always can and relist them during the offer period to take advantage of it.

Re: the max £3 selling fee, I got this just this past weekend. I think this will be the new norm for the selling fee offers as ebay has started managing payments and the fee inlcludes for that also.

That makes sense

Might just listing when offers are on

Got caught with fees thankfully not a high value item

Might keep a track of the items as well, as it seems I might be using more often

from ebay "When your item sells, you pay 10% of the final transaction value, including taxes and postage. We call this a final value fee. We cap final value fees so you'll never pay more than £250 for a single item."

once you activate the max selling fee offer you have a time period to list your item with, as above
i seemed to be getting those emails all the time with offers and then when i needed it you would never see them 🤔

I think with the new eBay payment method (replacing paypal) that fixed fee has increased to 12.8%.
And remember, to take advantage of the £1 or £3 fixed selling fees, you have to opt in to the promotion first, or you'll be charged the 12.8%.

The new £3 fee is to entice people to sign up to eBays (mis)Managed Payments.

That makes sense

Might just listing when offers are on

Got caught with fees thankfully not a high value item

Might keep a track of the items as well, as it seems I might be using more often
There are some good online ebay fee calculators, can’t recommend one over the other though

There are some good online ebay fee calculators, can’t recommend one over the other though
It’s not the calculation it’s more a case of remembering which ones were listed under the special deal and ones on the normal fee

Basically sold 2 items within 24 hours on best offer

A £290 fee £37

B £1250 fee £3

If I’d remembered I would have not accepted case A and delisted and waited for another eBay offer

However glad it was that way round

Swings and round abouts

Thanks for everyone’s input

It’s not the calculation it’s more a case of remembering which ones were listed under the special deal and ones on the normal fee

Basically sold 2 items within 24 hours on best offer

A £290 fee £37

B £1250 fee £3

If I’d remembered I would have not accepted case A and delisted and waited for another eBay offer

However glad it was that way round

Swings and round abouts

Thanks for everyone’s input
Sorry, I misread it.

I knew my answer was too obvious

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom