ebay digiboxes to avoid

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by andimac101, May 6, 2007.

1. andimac101

andimac101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm buying a 2nd digibox from ebay and have read some things about new software incompatibility with some of the boxes, which are the ones to avoid and which are the ones to go for?

Thanks

2. Wheel_nut

Wheel_nut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are known reliability problems with ALL Grundig and some thomson and Amstrad Digiboxes. See http://www.satcure.co.uk/gds200.htm

However, the Grundig Power Supply boards are easy to repair with the Relkits if you are handy with a Soldering Iron.

There is also a known problem with the Panasonic boxes which requires a dongle fited to overcome a problem with missing channels. Again, this is documented on the Satcure site.

3. johnny777

johnny777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Although not the most up to date model, the Pace 2600's have an excellent reputation. Only thing to watch out for is to make sure you're buying one with the latest software. There have been problems reported with ones that have been out of circulation for a couple of years, and then trying to load the latest software/firmware. Just so happens that i'll have an excellent example on Ebay this time next week, as i'm replacing it with a Sky+ box :smashin:

4. Inactive

Inactive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Why not list it on here, you may just have a buyer waiting.... ;) ;)

5. Inactive

Inactive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    That is a new one to me, where would you plug in this " dongle "??

Yes some Panasonics do have problems with software updates, but I have never heard of a " dongle " being required before..

6. Wheel_nut

Wheel_nut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

See this page at Satcure: http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page12.htm#panasonic

Some Panasonic Sky Digiboxes exhibit the following symptoms:

"No Satellite Signal .." message when ITV or BBC (and other Astra 2D programmes) are selected. This is usually intermittent and can often be cured by flicking up and down the channels and always by momentarily disconnecting the LNB cable at the tuner "F" connector behind the Digibox (read notes before ordering!). This kit is for the TU-DSB20, 30, 31, 35 and 40. It will definitely NOT fit non-Panasonic receivers.

The SatCure panafix2D filter (was ASTRAFIX2D FILTER ) will cure these symptoms and is easy to fit with just 3 wires to solder. If these are not your symptoms then it won't help. A download link for fitting instructions (PDF) will be supplied automatically by email from the shopping cart if you pay be credit card.

Panasonic Panafix2D Filter Mk2 for TU-DSB20, 30, 31, 35, 40 only £10.95
    Qty

7. Inactive

Inactive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hardly a " dongle "..