1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ebay deals !

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dvdmods, May 28, 2001.

1. dvdmods

dvdmods

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do any of you guys look on ebay and Loot as they really do have some good deals.
    There was a Sim2HT200 on Loot for £3500 and i see there is now a Sony VPL400 on ebay at £800,just got a mail from the seller to find out the reserve is £1000.Still a good projector even at £1000.
    Rob

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    We all like a bargain, but be careful to check the history of any projector before you part with your cash.

Owl had several HT200s go missing in transit. We consider them stolen.

Knowing where a machine has come from is valuable information. I'm happy to check the history any Sim2/Seleco projector being offered for sale through Loot, Ebay, the classifieds or any of the usual channels - all I need is the serial number.

In return you'll find out if there is any outstanding warranty left (Sim2 CRTs have 3yr cover), if the projector is a genuine UK machine and probably the original UK dealer to whom it was supplied.

If the seller is unable or unwilling to supply the serial number then think twice about the purchase. If a deal seems to good to be true, then it usually is.

BTW There is no charge for this service.

Regards

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Chris,

You never know, Rob might have found your missing projectors. :D

I have started to look at new display device options. My room is 7x14 ft with the door on the back wall so max viewing distance is about 11-12 ft. I currently use a 32" TV to which I have Sky digital and a HTPC connected. I use the HTPC for DVDs, music, Internet browseing and games. What are my options projector wise and what size screen should I go for baring in mind the 11ft viewing distance? I'm not the type of person that sits near the front at the cinema. :)

Thanks,

Jeff