• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ebay buyers...best deal ?

Mattk84

Banned
Just curious as to who thinks they got the best deal from Ebay in terms of price ie whose was closest to the RRP.Just watched one go for £315 + £15 P&P(£180 model).

R

Retrobod

What with all the scammers getting your e-mail address and trying to persuade you to log onto console grabber......and I stupid or something???
This is done by making you pre-register for a buy it now auction...about time e-bay did something about it. Item not even available!!

rhodos

Prominent Member
I dont think the admins like us to talk about that site but most of the european PAL machines can be had for £220 inc postage.
Its just a case of using the advanced search and saying you want stuff that can delivered to the UK and is priced in EUROS. Why on earth people are paying £250+ is mind boggling.

delboyuk2005uk

Established Member
Are the european pal machines exactly the same as the uk version, (in the same language on the box)?

how much would you say postage is about for the uk?

would I have to worry about customs tax or anything?

>Jaz<

Established Member
I've seen one go for over £400 plus £20 P&P :eek:

It's crazy, and all just to have it under the tree for Xmas, and be able to play it in the very short Xmas break...

In the new year, there'll be loads to buy, like with the 360. :)

jwramsay

Established Member
330 + 20 postage would seem about right at this moment in time.

Sorry Ebay haters, but it is all about supply and demand, no one person can affect this.

rhodos

Prominent Member
&#163;220 + &#163;30 for postage for a full PAL macjhine with Wii Sports oin Ebay - loads of them - exactly same as UK machines. Just search for machines priced in Euros and stop wasting money on &#163; sellers.

R

Retrobod

I've seen one go for over £400 plus £20 P&P :eek:

It's crazy, and all just to have it under the tree for Xmas, and be able to play it in the very short Xmas break...

In the new year, there'll be loads to buy, like with the 360. :)

Hey, who cares I only get 1 day off so might as well wait.........mind you if I could pick Wii + Zelda for £260 I'd be in there!!

D

Deleted member 27989

Euro machines are not exactly the same...The power-supply is different and as Nintendo in their wisdom has 'welded' the cables and plugs on them, you can only run them with a pin converter...This is a pain when you already have lots of sources plugged in and may even negate the need for a full new socket...

Also being able to walk into a shop in the UK with a UK receipt is a bit nicer than having to send it off for warranty repair and then have to 'fight' for your rights to get a warranty repair as although illegal manufacturers are still funny about 'grey' imports....

Mine original pre-order is up for sale at the RRP, plus I authorised ebay to put a donation of the final value to charity....I let the market forces dictate what its ultimate value is....

topmba

Established Member
nintendo clearly advises about taking your wii to a retailer. They could erase your wii points, peek at your photos and invade your privacy.

burnsybhoy

Established Member
I have just won one on ebay of a German guy for 324 euro which is just a touch over 2 hundred pounds!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom