Ebay buyer didnt collect and wants refund on the basis of 'item didnt arrive', will this affect my rating?

tiacat

Has anyone had this problem or know about it?

A buyer of something I sold which was collection only has now said they want to cancel the order as he is having trouble arranging a courier (we have waited in several days over the past month for couriers that dont arrive) and now wants a refund.
I dont mind doing a refund as Im not going to be awkward but he has initiated the refund request using 'item didnt arrive' and this makes it look as if Im at fault.

I cannot seem to find a way to speak to ebay but I only have a few days to respond and I only have evenings to do this, will accepting the refund under that category affect my rating as it makes it look as if Im unreliable.

Allymiff

Standard Member
Has anyone had this problem or know about it?

A buyer of something I sold which was collection only has now said they want to cancel the order as he is having trouble arranging a courier (we have waited in several days over the past month for couriers that dont arrive) and now wants a refund.
I dont mind doing a refund as Im not going to be awkward but he has initiated the refund request using 'item didnt arrive' and this makes it look as if Im at fault.

I cannot seem to find a way to speak to ebay but I only have a few days to respond and I only have evenings to do this, will accepting the refund under that category affect my rating as it makes it look as if Im unreliable.
No, an item ‘lost’ in the post doesn’t affect your seller rating. Better to do the refund, otherwise they may be more likely to leave a negative feedback if they think you’re stalling.

Give a refund and mark it as 'Sale cancelled at request of buyer.' If there is any negative feedback you can get it cancelled by referring to your communications as long as they were all through Ebay as they will confirm the buyers cancellation request.

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Give a refund and mark it as 'Sale cancelled at request of buyer.' If there is any negative feedback you can get it cancelled by referring to your communications as long as they were all through Ebay as they will confirm the buyers cancellation request.

This - I had a similar situation not too long ago and had to go through the eBay chat, and they advised this was the best approach to protect any potential negative feedback left.

tiacat

Another query I dont know if people can help with, it wont seem to process my refund and directs me to paypal but I cant seem to work out from paypal what the problem is. I cannot find a phone number to contact ebay on, every 'help' page just leads you to more help pages which dont answer my query, does any one know of a contact number for ebay, I cant even find a 'chat' option with a real person?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Did they pay by Paypal?

tiacat

Yes, I finally worked out after going round the houses all evening, just after posting that post above the chat facility. I sort of stumbled on it by accident they dont make it at all clear how to contact them in the first instance
Anyway they outlined a process within paypal to refund but the process was not possible as explained by ebay, there was no option on paypal to refund the buyer and it stated that to resolve the issue to contact ebay. So ebay have now said to contact them again on Saturday when they can do a money back payment that way.
Going round and round it circles, ebay refers me to paypal, paypal referred me to ebay. Very frustrating

Allymiff

Standard Member
Yes, I finally worked out after going round the houses all evening, just after posting that post above the chat facility. I sort of stumbled on it by accident they dont make it at all clear how to contact them in the first instance
Anyway they outlined a process within paypal to refund but the process was not possible as explained by ebay, there was no option on paypal to refund the buyer and it stated that to resolve the issue to contact ebay. So ebay have now said to contact them again on Saturday when they can do a money back payment that way.
Going round and round it circles, ebay refers me to paypal, paypal referred me to ebay. Very frustrating
I had to issue a refund last week, Clicking the ‘issue refund’ on the listing didn’t work, as the buyer had opened a return with eBay. I had to go to the resolution centre and issue the refund from there.

tiacat

Yes I wasnt clicking issue refund from the listing, the buyer had already opened a case so it was when I opened up the case (I dont know if that is the same as a resolution centre) but it wouldnt allow me to issue the refund from there

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom