Ebay, block the scammers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tnoy66, Mar 9, 2006.

1. tnoy66

tnoy66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Not sure how many of you know this, but you can stop the foreign scammers by blocking bidders who are from countries you do not ship to.
    I wasn't aware until someone tried (very poorly) to scam me.
    Ebay kicked them off and then informed me I could block all bidders from countries I do not ship to :thumbsup:

Simply look down the left hand side of your My ebay page and select preferences then select Buyer requirements
    There are other options there too, to block other people you may wish to exclude, I have also blocked people with feedback of -1 and lower :devil:

Very simple and effective. As I type this, I've just had another scammer, who just registered today, ask me to send something to him and he'll pay by cheque :rolleyes:

2. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,483
    yea good idea. and will help. only problem is scammers have got round that by regerstiring in the UK and having shipping address as UK.

how many times have you seen auctions for things where they say they are in the UK but the product is shipped from china? :nono:

ebay is bob. thats why i threatened to sue them if they didnt delete my details :D

3. tnoy66

tnoy66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Some may have registered in the UK, but anything to stop those who are registered out of the UK is great :)

Just wish I'd known about it previously, I went from having 5 watchers on my auction to 2 when it relisted and then down to 1 after the first bid, but who knows what would have happened originally :rolleyes: