Ebay blackout blinds.. Any1 had any experience?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by smashed, Jun 28, 2005.

1. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Im just about to purchase the Benq 5120, and want to find a cheap, but not rubbish, way of projecting, and have figured that blackout blind is the way to go.
    My room is 9ft wide, and I have a 36ZP48, so I think Im going to have to put that to 1 side of the room, leaving me just over 6ft to play with.
    The downside is that widescreen mode for DVDs etc will mean its only around 3ft deep :( (Another problem I dont know how to get around)
    I have looked on ebay, and you can get blackout curtains of around 200cm for about £25, but would like some help deciding.
    It states that its a pair, so do i assume that its only 100cm x 2, and therefore wont do the job??
    Should I be buying a roller type blackout blind? Or are ebay 1's cheap quality and not worth the hassle?
    Or should I go looking round B&Q etc to find a solution?
    I dont really wanna pay more than £70 i guess, and the less the better if I can maintain some quality.
    Any help greatly appreciated :)

Rob

2. dyl33

dyl33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ikea do a great black out blind for only £20 and thats for a 2m blind

Have seen on ebay same blind being flogged for well over that price and being sold as

a screen and not a blind so be careful on e bay

link for blind

3. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Cheers. I tried to find blackout blinds on the Ikea website, but couldnt find them.
    I have since bought some blackout lining from John Lewis, but could maybe get the blind, and then use the lining for my curtains to help darken the room.

Thanks for your help :)