eBay bargains from seller 'dougalnsadie.

Hades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started this thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-...t-codes/1006743-these-legit-blurays-ebay.html when I came across this seller on eBay.

eBay Seller: dougalnsadie: DVD, Film TV items on eBay.co.uk

I have since purchased a few from him/her and all are legit and I have saved between £4-£7 on what I could find via Price Devil or Find DVD.

Its all about pot luck for getting that bargain, as some do go for more in the last minute bidding frenzy. But he/she lists so many of the same copy, if you watch them all, you can eventually grab that bargain.

They are all shipped free via 1st class recorded and most are received next day depending on when the auction is won and when you have paid.

Those that would normally have a slipcase will probably be without from this seller. But with the amount you can potentially save.... well its up to you.

At the time of posting this message, multiple copies of the following titles are up for auction.

Slumdog Millionaire
Taken: Extended Harder Cut
Quantum of Solace
The Wrestler
Australia
Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Defiance
Seven Pounds
Bedtime Stories
The Day The Earth Stood Still (remake)

Last edited:
Yeah I have them as a saved seller and won Day the Earth Stood still for decent price. Definately one to watch.

I got new and sealed Mirrors: Tormented Cut for £10.50, cheapest is @ Amazon for £17.88 so a saving of £7.38 :thumbsup:

I saw a copy of mirrors go for £9 the other day and missed it. Don't think it was by this seller though.

Also got Underworld 3 on again along with My Bloody Valentine 3D.

Some more titles to bid on...

Yes Man
Da Vinci Code
He's Just Not That Into You
Max Payne

He has now added:

Bolt
Notorious the B.I.G. Edition
The Unborn

Why on earth are people still bidding over a tenner on Quantum of Solace? I put a cheeky offer in last week, predictably lost, and it ended up going for £13!

Is it the thrill of "winning" or stupidity when Amazon (and others) are selling it for under ten pounds. In fact you can walk into Tesco's and pick it off the shelf for £13.50.

Ah well...perhaps I'm missing the point.

There are many users on eBay who get hooked into the bidding frenzy. Most of us on here know what to do and how much to spend for it to be a bargain.

I found eBay to be the only place where I can get more for a 2nd hand DVD/BD than what I paid for it new..... its crazy but true.

I agree, I actually think eBay has become a sellers market. Sure there's plenty of bargains to be had but their are way to many buyers are who inflating the market by paying silly prices.

A fool and their money...and all that:D

Anyway G@zz@, I'll let the thread get back on topic and stop bleating!

Its just a matter of being patient. I watch many of his auctions but only bagged a few bargains from him. I have my maximum and if I win it then excellent, if not then I move on to the next one.

Got these 2 for £21 so I'm happy

Yes Man
Max Payne

Like others, I know my threshold and won't go above. If these titles don't appear up to much, I reckon I can get my money back (or more) through ebay again :rolleyes:

More added:

Bolt (extra copies)
My Bloody Valentine (extra copies)
Slumdog Millionaire (extra copies)
Valkyrie (extra copies)
The Unborn (extra Copies)

Fracture
Ghostbusters
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
The Punisher Collection Boxset

I just won a copy of Slumdog for £11.61!

Another copy went for £11.01!

Nice.

He has now added:

Gran Torino
Push
Confessions of a Shopaholic
The Cell 2
Revolutionary Road

Can never seem to get anything below the £13-15 mark.

I really want Revolutionary Road. :(

I think he has become quite a popular seller now.

Some titles are actually selling for more than current retail prices from the likes of Play/Amazon etc.

But if you persist every now and again that bargain can be grabbed. I have managed a few now, watched them and if not keepers, I have put them back on and actually made money on them.

That's eBay for ya :)

I think he has become quite a popular seller now.

Some titles are actually selling for more than current retail prices from the likes of Play/Amazon etc.

But if you persist every now and again that bargain can be grabbed. I have managed a few now, watched them and if not keepers, I have put them back on and actually made money on them.

That's eBay for ya :)

Agree with you there. I managed to pick up he's just not that into you for £10.50 and benjamin button for £13.

He has put lots more copies up of titles previously sold.

More new titles added..... watch out for him adding more as the week goes on.

Bronson
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Tin)
Doubt
Highlander The Immortal Edition (Tin)
Marley & Me
S. Darko
The International

got Bolt for £13 and The Unborn for £12.50 - not startlingly cheap but not bad either..

I have had quite a few cracking deals from him now. I set my limit and won't go over it. So far its paid off each time for me. Saved about £20 now on what I would have paid elsewhere :smashin:

When he lists new titles they tend to go for same as retail or more. But he keeps adding and adding.... so eventually the ones added later go for a cheaper price (well they do for me) :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom