Ebay, attempted deliveries to buyer

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Here's an ebay query I'm not sure about.
A colleague sold some golf clubs, sent by courier.
He attached tracking information to ebay.
The courier has attempted delivery every day since last Friday, leaving cards behind every time.
My colleague has also tried calling the buyer, to no avail.
The courier now wants to return the golf clubs to origin.
What does my colleague do now?
He's scared the buyer may claim non-receipt and ask for a refund.:mad:

simon ess

Does the tracking status state "delivery attempted" or something similar?

If so, I would think you're colleague has nothing to worry about.

Don't know for certain though.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Suspect the buyer has bought them without considering that he would be in Spain on holiday the following week.

Well there is nothing to be scared of really. The courier wants to return them so he won't lose the clubs but will lose the p&p.

So probably safer to have them returned.

It's then down to contact with the buyer.

Cheers,

Nigel

FZR400RRSP

Banned
Suspect the buyer has bought them without considering that he would be in Spain on holiday the following week.

Well there is nothing to be scared of really. The courier wants to return them so he won't lose the clubs but will lose the p&p.

So probably safer to have them returned.

It's then down to contact with the buyer.

Cheers,

Nigel
He wants the buyer to take the clubs though, he doesn't want the hassle of having to sell them again.
Would he be within his rights to say;

"delivery attempted, goods returned, additional P+P required to try again, no refund for purchase of goods will be given"

IronGiant

Keep it simple, just say he needs to pay for a re-delivery. Don't mention refund at all. If he then asks for one say no, he isn't allowed to just change his mind.

dazza74

Novice Member
He's got the buyers money at the end of the day. I don't see what option he has other than to receive the goods back and take it up with the buyer about additional postage costs to resend the clubs.

Funny, I've listed my golf clubs on ebay today. Not cheap, £13 to post the full set of irons.