Eating 4k calories per day and not gaining weight

ElTigre04

Hi guys, i dont understand why i don't gain weight..
Today i took pictures to everything i eat and i can't believe how many calories i eat everyday around 4k and still i weight 66kg
I eat consistently i'm working 6 days a week and workout 3 times per week
I have 26 years 169cm,66kg and i'm a man
I started working out a year ago, i went from 60kg to 68kg and now i am at 66 kg, i see a difference but i want more especially to gain weight.
i sleep 6 hours per night
My job is steel fixing is not that heavy but i'm on continuing moving all day
I stop taking protein shakes because after my calculations i see that i have all the protein my body needs.
What else should i do to gain weight... i eat too much already i don't understand.
Also my body is alawys on low body fat 15%-17%
Please someone help me i will leave a link with my excel calculations.

Thanks

gangzoom

Also my body is alawys on low body fat 15%-17%l

I've been dieting and increasing my exercise regime for the last 4 months and am still only at 18% body fat. Sorry but you aren't going to get any advice/sympathy from me for moaning about 15% body fat :).

JKRsega

You are blessed with a high metabolism. I was gyming my ass off and could only get down to 16st 6lbs. But I am 5''11 and pretty broad. Can't recall being 66kg in my life.

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
If you're not gaining weight it means you're simply not eating enough calories to gain weight with your lifestyle. 4k is a lot but again simply not enough for you personally if you're not putting on weight......Either that or you're not actually eating 4k and are mis-calculating it

You haven't said if you do cardio, if you do cut back on it, don't eliminate it but just cut back on it.

Otherwise you just need to eat/drink more. Try starting with a pint of milk a day. That's a few hundred calories and then give it bit of time and weigh yourself and see what the result is

Last edited:

morenish

Hi guys, i dont understand why i don't gain weight..
Today i took pictures to everything i eat and i can't believe how many calories i eat everyday around 4k and still i weight 66kg
I eat consistently i'm working 6 days a week and workout 3 times per week
I have 26 years 169cm,66kg and i'm a man
I started working out a year ago, i went from 60kg to 68kg and now i am at 66 kg, i see a difference but i want more especially to gain weight.
i sleep 6 hours per night
My job is steel fixing is not that heavy but i'm on continuing moving all day
I stop taking protein shakes because after my calculations i see that i have all the protein my body needs.
What else should i do to gain weight... i eat too much already i don't understand.
Also my body is alawys on low body fat 15%-17%
Please someone help me i will leave a link with my excel calculations.

Thanks

Obviously metabolism is a big factor, everybody is different.

My understanding is that if you eat more calories than you physically use, you will put on weight and visa versa.

Regards.

Kapkirk

Eat chocolate digestives. Helped me get to 181kg.
Or a large pizza and 2 snickers bars before going to bed, you'll put on the weight.

Graham27

Metabolism only has a small effect, its effects are a wee bit overstated, IMO. If you have a strenuous job, work 6 days a week and work out 3 days a week, then you might need all of those 4000 calories.

Try an extra 500 calories per day. Maybe some more varied food choices wouldn’t hurt, and neither would more sleep. If you’re burning 4000 calories a day, 6 days a week, then odds are you could probably do with more than 6 hours.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom