EasyAcc Monster 20,000mAh Power Bank review

donka

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The Monster 20,000mAh is a rechargeable battery unit that can then be used to charge a slave device connected to it via USB. Included in the package is the Power Bank, two micro USB cables & user manual.

This measures in at 168 x 81 x 22 mm and weighs 445g. It feels sturdy in the hand, in part due to the weight of the internal battery and also thanks to the good construction on offer. The unit does have a matt, textured all over finish which avoids fingerprints but may still slide on a smooth surface.

It features four LEDs on the top to indicate remaining power and a power button on one side to enable this indicator. On the opposite side there are two mini USB input ports which is an unusual feature for a Power Bank. On the end it has four full sized USB ports alongside a large LED torch. It takes around 12 hours to fully recharge the unit from empty using a 2A charger but the twin input ports can be used simultaneously to bring that down to around the 6 hour mark. There is no supplied charger but the included cables or indeed any other micro USB cable(s) can be used in connection with any USB source.

From a full charge, 20,000 mAh of portable power is on offer. To put this in an IOS perspective, an iPhone 6 rated @ 1,810 mAh could be fully charged around 11 times. An iPad mini @ 4,490 mAh could be charged four times while a full sized iPad Air 2 @ 7,340 mAh could be charged almost three times. These figures are best case scenario though and likely to be lower due to inefficiencies with charging in general. The USB ports are not labelled with their output but utilise Smart Technology to detect the connected device and charge up to maximum of 2.4A each. Up to four devices can be charged simultaneously for a combined output of 4.8A which makes this a flexible performer - you can easily charge two retina iPads at the same time. One thing I did note during my testing was that regardless of what device you are charging or even if you are recharging the Monster, it remained cool at all times with no sign of heating up. This is a welcome surprise when it comes to portable devices and batteries.

For me, travelling with my usual compliment of gadgets makes a product like a power bank a sensible purchase. All my portable gadgets from phones, tablets, music player, headphones, ebook reader, keyboard and camera can be charged via USB and having the ability to do this when away from a fixed power source gives real peace of mind. The EasyAcc Monster delivers a high power capacity and flexibility of quad charging in a portable and well priced package. If you are in a similar position then this comes highly recommended - the only downside to this purchase is a lack of any included case or bag to store the power bank.

Video review:

Attachments

• EasyAcc Monster Powerbank - 1.jpg
    EasyAcc Monster Powerbank - 1.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 41
  • EasyAcc Monster Powerbank - 2.jpg
    EasyAcc Monster Powerbank - 2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 26

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back