Easy way to make standard DVD from HD DV Cam?

dvp7

Standard Member
Hi,
I have been using JVC mini DV for fun for my families and friends who normally use standard dvd players. For the past years, I just use the ilink to connect the DV cam (tapes) to the Pioneer DVD recorder to make DVD discs for distribution to families and friends. It's most suitable way for me as it cost much less time and effort than using the PC.
Now the quality of the HD DV Cam seems to be much better, but it also appears that the making of discs (HD / Blue-ray) will cost much more time/effort/difficulties.
Would it be possible to make disc via DVD recorder to make standard DVDs at the moment, and that I can keep better quality video and save it for the future reproduction (blue-ray etc)?Is it still worth doing so at the moment?

Last edited by a moderator:

chrishull3

Of course you can burn dvds on a pc with any software,if you use a tape cam you can make edited tapes and dvds,dvds can also be made on dvd recorders from a tape camcorder.Another option if you have a ps3 player is to make avchd hiscs[35 mins]and they are hd quality.

senu

Distinguished Member
Hi,
I have been using JVC mini DV for fun for my families and friends who normally use standard dvd players. For the past years, I just use the ilink to connect the DV cam (tapes) to the Pioneer DVD recorder to make DVD discs for distribution to families and friends. It's most suitable way for me as it cost much less time and effort than using the PC.
Now the quality of the HD DV Cam seems to be much better, but it also appears that the making of discs (HD / Blue-ray) will cost much more time/effort/difficulties.
Would it be possible to make disc via DVD recorder to make standard DVDs at the moment, and that I can keep better quality video and save it for the future reproduction (blue-ray etc)?Is it still worth doing so at the moment?
All tape HDV camcorders have firewire and will output DV to a settop for Standard DVD recording
For th HDD or SD card AVCHD models , it is ( as stated above) easily possible in software

dvp7

Standard Member
Thanks guys. I'll take a deeper look at the ways you suggested. But it appears to me that it's time to switch to HD DV so as to keeo better quality footage even if it's not the very good time to reproduce the HD DVD for distribution.

chrishull3

Thanks guys. I'll take a deeper look at the ways you suggested. But it appears to me that it's time to switch to HD DV so as to keeo better quality footage even if it's not the very good time to reproduce the HD DVD for distribution.
Good thinking and dont forget you can never archive your footage into too many formats,i am lucky in as much as i can archive to hdv tape, minidv tape [rarely]blue ray and avchd discs and dvd discs[ rarely]+ hardrive from my hdv and avchd cams.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom