1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy Toshiba Question

Discussion in 'TVs' started by fdpxfunix, Mar 10, 2003.

1. fdpxfunix

fdpxfunix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All

Having owned my 36zd26p for a month and noticing a few problems with it, I was reading through this BBS .... and now think I may have a second hand set !

The set seemed brand new, gave off that new smell once I'd switched it on and was not dirty in anyway. I was in such a rush to get it out and working that I missed the following....

a) The security tape on the box was broken, and resealed with 'Fragile' tape.

b) The TV was NOT in a plastic sealed bag. It was wrapped in that thin white foam, and did not even cover the screen.

c) The TV did NOT go into auto tune mode on first switch on. I had to run the tune manually.

Can anyone say if the above is correct, a sign of 2nd hand TV or maybe the fact the dealer has tested the TV prior to delivery?

I did ask the salesman if they can check the set, but he said "I would rather you break the security seal than us".

I feel a bit of a fool :(

J.

2. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I doubt a retailer would need to open the box prior to delivery, after all, what could they do to the set?

All of the interior wrapping should be immaculate, so if b) is a as you describe, things don't look too good.

Perhaps other members will chip in with their views.

bh