1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy to use, with excellent image quality??

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by chez, Dec 20, 2004.

1. chez

chez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I use a panasonic DMC-FX7 for day-to-day use because I find it fits nicely into my pocket and still has reasonable image quality.

I am going to Hong Kong in March and the first thing I want to do out there is buy a more advanced (and probably larger) camera o use both out there and at home (for times when image quality is more important than size).

I want to spend a maximum of £500 and I understand that cameras are significantly cheaper over there.

Can anyone give me any idea of how much cheaper cameras are there than here?

Does anyone have any recommendations as to models which cost around are likely to cost up to £500 there??

So far, the Nikon Coolpix 8800 has caught my eye due to it's apparant ease of use and it's image stabilisation.

Thanks in advance
    Chez

2. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56

Buyer beware.........http://www.bubbachan.com/photoshopHK/shophk.htm

3. chez

chez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks for that, I had already looked into it and am well aware of the scams that happen and that Nikon don't offer an International Warranty....

Would still appreciate any recommendations though...