EASY STEP BY STEP OVERCLOCK is there such a thing??

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I would like some advice please I have just fished my first PC build with a lot of help from you experts on here What i would like to sometime soon is to overclock my PC> have looked on your tube and goggled it to try and find out how to do it. When I did look It was a joke It was like trying to learn a new Language and I got lost in translation i mean why do they all talk so fast and presume you know the bios of by heart and understand all the lingo ( Which i do not ) All I want is a EASY step by step How to do this I do not want to go to extremes and breck heat records on the CPU with a fridge siting on top of it! Just a normal overclock is what I want Just like everybody else seems to have is there such a Easy step by step Gudie for a Simple PC Idiot like me. My Motherboard is a "GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R my CPU is a Intel core i7 930

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Not worth doing, your PC is plenty fast enough as it is with the hardware you mention. Most people don't overclock what your are seeing is internet echo chamber effect.

Overclocking if done wrong will lead to system instability but if you really want to still do it at least wait another month or two using the PC day to day to ensure that is stable (even self built PCs in stock config can be unstable) then learn the lingo and try your hand at it if sure everything is okay.

Thanks for the good advice which i will take. I Really was wondering why people do it though Might try it some time in the future when become more confident. Also thank you for Guides on how to overclock

Overclocking can give you better performance but whether you will notice it in your normal daily usage is another matter altogether. If you do decide to do it make sure your CPU cooler is up to the task, measure your temps before you start overclocking and make sure you keep below the maximum temperature threshold for your processor. Also be very careful when increasing the voltage, there is a certain 'art' to overclocking, it does take time and there will be lots of trial and error but it can be fun and rewarding.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom