Easy question for Hitachi PJ-TX200 owners

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sponsz, Mar 27, 2006.

1. sponsz

sponsz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys

I'm planning to buy a Hitachi PJTX-200, but before I do I was wondering if I could ask a very quick favour from you kind folk. Basically, I have a cabinet with a depth of exactly 40cm on which the PJ needs to sit, and the PJ can't be any deeper because there are closing doors on the front. I've seen the spec saying the PJTX-200 is 30cm deep but "excluding protrusions", and I also need to bear in mind the cables at the back, obviously.

So the question is - could someone please measure exactly how much depth the PJ needs, including the lens and cables out the back etc? It would really help me out!

Cheers

PS. The fan vent is at the front of the unit, so it's fine to push the back right up against a wall, I assume?

2. kalem

kalem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi mate just mesured the pj . the unit itself is 30cm add another 9cm for cabling . im using hdmi.

3. sponsz

sponsz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey thanks for the quick reply, and for taking the time to measure it. 39cm eh?... ooof, cutting things pretty close! :suicide:

At least I can buy it now safe in the knowledge that it will actually fit my cabinet :smashin:

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    If it's like the TX100 it vents hot air from both the front and side, mainly from the latter actually, so you'll need to leave room at the side...PJ

5. sponsz

sponsz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    That's cool, I have plenty of room at the sides. Thanks!