• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Easy connection question but need quick answer



Hi, I'm at work at the moment so can't check myself and don't want to get this wrong. I need to buy a 5M cable to link RF1 to the aerial input of my TV. What type of connection is RF1 - I can't remember :confused: male or female? I'm sure that it's a socket on my TV so do I buy male to male or male to female? I need to order one now so I can sink into the wall this weekend. Got my HDMIs and scarts all sorted, just this to do now. Thanks


Distinguished Member
Male to female. Whatever the socket type is on your TV, the RF out sockets on your Sky box are the opposite.

Most RF cables that you can buy from Maplins, Wilkinsons etc include an adaptor to convert each end into the other anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom