1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy bulb replacement?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Les E, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I am thinking of buying a PJ in the Infocus Screenplay range, but I am wondering how easy is to change a bulb on one of these PJ's and is it something I can do if I ordered on mail order or is it more something a supplier/installer needs to do?

May be a stupid question, but I have heard one supplier suggest it would need to come back to them for replacement...I am counting this was a gimmick to get more money out of me!! :thumbsdow

2. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Themescene H30A and it shows you how to change it in the manual. Looks as if it'd take about 5 minutes and looks easy enough.

3. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29,115
    Should be easy enough if you have a sympathetic bank manager, given the arm and a leg new bulbs cost ;). Most are a case of undoing a screw to open a cover, flipping a lever, dropping in the replacement and reversing the procedure.