Eastern Promises 4K Blu-ray Review

mb3195

Distinguished Member
thanks Cas, very underrated film which goes under the radar compared to A History Of Violence.

I watched it recently on Blu-Ray, the image looked great on it so can only imagine what the 4k version is like.

Not sure if I'll pick this up or not though as cant see myself watching it again for a good while yet.

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Thanks Cas - I want to watch it again now! Haven't seen it for years.

I notice your review was rather more enthusiastic than the 'review' at the other place which has to be read to be believed. Suffice it to say, I'm definitely going with your review!

darksideofthe

Nice review. Haven't seen it since it was first released in the cinema. Looking forward to seeing it again. Now we need A History of Violence in 4K too.

Last edited:

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
There are rumours of a sequel series of this that have done the rounds for a couple of years with Mortensen.

Kingchin

Was going to buy this in HMV yesterday but I'll wait till the price comes down a bit. Eastern Promises still holds up really well 18 years after release. As a movie I would rate it 9 out of 10.

metalpaul1000

Wasn’t for me this movie. 4k was very nice but I knew I would never watch it again (hence moving it on)

Jimmy Grease

such a great movie, a lot of the dialogue is true and holds up.

fzst

I bought the film on DVD back in the day and loved it. I pretty much forgot about it looking forward to watching it again in 4k.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom