Easiest way to stream BT Sport?

GhostRider17

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm not a sports fan but my Dad is and he wants to get BT Sport. His tv is a "smart" TV but not android and the BT Sport app isn't available on the TV.

Would anyone recommend the cheapest way to get BT Sport on his TV? I suggested buying an Amazon Firestick as I've heard that it supports the App now and I've seen it's around £30 a month on demand without a BT subscription? Does this sound right? I wanted to be sure before I set one up for them.

My parents are both pensioners and won't get the use out of an Nvidia Shield or other more expensive streaming boxes.

Hey guys

I'm not a sports fan but my Dad is and he wants to get BT Sport. His tv is a "smart" TV but not android and the BT Sport app isn't available on the TV.

Would anyone recommend the cheapest way to get BT Sport on his TV? I suggested buying an Amazon Firestick as I've heard that it supports the App now and I've seen it's around £30 a month on demand without a BT subscription? Does this sound right? I wanted to be sure before I set one up for them.

My parents are both pensioners and won't get the use out of an Nvidia Shield or other more expensive streaming boxes.
4K Fire sticks on offer today if your a Prime member, the cheaper ones are not on offer but may tomorrow but that's a gamble.

4K Fire sticks on offer today if your a Prime member, the cheaper ones are not on offer but may tomorrow but that's a gamble.

Thanks for that, funnily enough the Firestick lite was on offer on the day you posted this but the 4k version wasn't? This was first thing in the morning though. It was £11 off so only £18.99 so I took a chance and got one for my folks. Finally had chance to set it up for them today and my Dads thrilled to bits with BT sport.

We use Firestick and works perfectly.
It does indeed mate, just set it up today. I have a Shield for my streaming but tempted to get a firestick when I see it on offer again for my tv upstairs :thumbsup:

The cheapest way to get bt sport that I can find is to sign up for plusnet fibre broadband, they offer a 'perk' to add the bt sport mobile app for £10 a month, then cast it to the TV via chromecast. Fantastic picture quality and it even adds e tra channels that aren't available via skyQ.
Hey guys

The cheapest way to get bt sport that I can find is to sign up for plusnet fibre broadband, they offer a 'perk' to add the bt sport mobile app for £10 a month, then cast it to the TV via chromecast. Fantastic picture quality and it even adds e tra channels that aren't available via skyQ.

Thanks for the input, that's a really clever idea. I doubt my parents would be able to grasp it though and they're happy having BT Sport through Amazon, they're certainly getting their moneys worth though.

Thanks for the input, that's a really clever idea. I doubt my parents would be able to grasp it though and they're happy having BT Sport through Amazon, they're certainly getting their moneys worth though.
Yes it is a bit of a faff for someone who isn't a bit tech savvy.
Great quality and dirt cheap thou. I forgot to add, you can use it on 2 devices at the same time as well

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom