Question Easiest way to set up consoles?

Shoxt3r

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I'm starting to put together my games consoles from over the years but am having problems on how to organise the cabling and get everything connected up to my TV. I've got a Samsung H6400 so have a few connections available including 1 scart connection and 4x HDMI (though 2 are taken up already by a Bluray Player and Xbox 360). There's quite a mix of consoles and although I wouldn't need to have all of the consoles connected up at the same time I'm unsure how to do it. Consoles I have are:
  • Atari 2600 (this is going to be the hardest one to connect up I imagine)
  • Nintendo N64
  • Sony Playstation (PS1/PSOne)
  • Sony Playstation 2
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Xbox 360

Any thoughts on how I could connect these?

Cheers,

Andrew

RGB scart switcher would deal with the ps1 and 2 and n64. Wii you could use component and Xbox HDMI. The Atari I've no idea about, if you can get anything other than the RF cable I'm sure you could wire it into the switcher no problem. You can pick up a decent switcher for around £20, although the older consoles will look garbage on a modern tv.

As above, you get switchers and splitters for most older ports, sounds like you have enough HDMI ports just about, but you get HDMI switches as well. Honestly though, older consoles look crap on new TV's, I'd find an old CRT on eBay for a couple of quid for the PS1, N64, and 2600. Solves the problem simply if you've got the space.

Thanks for the feedback both!
Sure, as I thought the PS1, PS2, N64, Xbox 360 and Wii are solved pretty easily - the problem is the Atari. I know it really won't look the best but almost for nostalgia's sake and for ease of having everything in one place it would be great to work out a way to get this connected up to my TV.

I think at the moment my N64 only has an RF cable but this looks to be easily solved with a simple change for a set of component cables which are only £2.50 from Amazon. I could then maybe use an RF switch into the TV somehow since the Freeview is built in? I'd get that from the N64 package, as below: http://www.amazon.co.uk/RF-TV-Switc...UTF8&qid=1448893718&sr=8-1&keywords=rf+switch

Space is a bit of an issue, that and as I said I'd prefer to keep all the consoles together since where the TV is, is a good space for gaming.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom