Easiest Alternative: Camcorder to DVD Recorder ?

ndbob79

Standard Member
The issue: I shoot a lot of home movies and back them up on DVDs. Used to transfer camcorder to DVD recorder (with hard drive) via DV input and make DVDs; straight forward and easy. The last Panasonic DVD Recorder I bought does not have DV input (wish I was smart enough to recognize that when I bought it). So then I started transferring camcorder to Mac laptop and use iDVD; worked well but takes a much longer period of time. Now I do not have enough hard space on my laptop; it requires 40 GB to burn DVDs. It is a big job to create enough free space on my laptop. I am an amateur family photo buff and like to have photos on my laptop and, though I back them up on an external hard drive, it is a pain re-labeling them all. In short, it would take several days for me to free up enough hard space and would not be the ideal solution for my situation. Anyway, the question is: Short of buying another DVD recorder or laptop, is there a relatively inexpensive alternative to burning DVDs from my HD camcorder ? A should preface this by asking you to explain terms. I am not knowledgeable with terms like "writing" and "authoring" and do not know the difference. Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom