Earthquake Q10B Group Buy

AudiophileUk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
£285 per for 4 units
£280 for 6 or more units

Postage is included.

To complete the order we would require all units to be paid for before we dispatch the goods. You can either have all sent to the same place or alternatively each individual buyer is welcome to contact me directly and I will process the orders with separate shipping addresses per customer.

Last edited:
Prices updated to include postage. Please add your name below if you wish to take part. Please only do so if you're certain you can purchase. Would hope to fulfill the order by the weekend, earlier if we have enough people.

Go on then you have twisted my arm ... did not need much

Just remember you need to get the feet as well for your sofa

Richard

Good idea on the BKA 1000 but I am okay on amplifier. Thanks anyway...

Unless the price is a lot better I might just wait and see what my old AV amp can do for now ...

But i need to sort out a filter for that as well.

Richard

I was thinking about buying one of these a while back.

Will I be able to use this on a sofa which has a wooden frame?

Also i have a spare channel on my cinepro amp which is 300watts. Will I be able to use the that to power the eq10? Will I need to buy anything else to make it work?

I was thinking about buying one of these a while back.

Will I be able to use this on a sofa which has a wooden frame?

Also i have a spare channel on my cinepro amp which is 300watts. Will I be able to use the that to power the eq10? Will I need to buy anything else to make it work?

As far as I understand....

-a wooden frame sofa would be the most desirable to mount too. You might want to check the size to see if you can accommodate it...it does come with a L shaped mounting bracket I believe.

-these optimally require 300wRMS at 8 ohms, but are supposed to perform well at even 150wRMS at 8 ohms. Indeed one of the positives of this over its Buttkicker rival is that it should perform better with less power. However you would want a high pass filter to only allow deep bass to be passed onto the Q10B...not the full range signal. Approximtely 30 - 50Hz. I'm looking on ebay now.

-extras? As long as you can power it...rubber feet for the sofa legs to perform best. Personally I brought some rubber isolators off ebay for a fiver but the genuine ones are £15 - £25.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
As far as high pass filters go...found the following

Have to double check if this is a high pass filter or not...
Car Home Amplifier Subwoofer Equalizer Crossover RCA Adjust Line Level Volume | eBay

50hz high pass inline
FMOD Crossover Pair 50 Hz High Pass 266-270

30hz high pass inline
FMOD Crossover Pair 30 Hz High Pass 266-248

The Links above are for the FMOD Highpass filters and are the wrong sort to use with the Q10B.

Its the 50Hz Lowpass Filter that's required ;)

FMOD Crossover Pair 50 Hz Low Pass 266-250

I used the spare 6th channel on my old Cinepro 3K6 and it worked a treat with the Q10B - The gain pot on the front helped integrate it into the system even better than my fixed gain AB6400 :D

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
The Links above are for the FMOD Highpass filters and are the wrong sort to use with the Q10B.

Its the 50Hz Lowpass Filter that's required ;)

FMOD Crossover Pair 50 Hz Low Pass 266-250

thanks for this. It's a shame they only do a 50hz filter rather than 40hz. Or any ideas where could find a variable filter as you would find on a subwoofer amp... be a alot nicer to be able to alter it....

Last edited:
Thanks i have attached some photos of my sofa. do you think it will fit to the back?

ForumRunner_20120807_220655.jpg

ForumRunner_20120807_220717.jpg

ForumRunner_20120807_220734.jpg

I have about 12 inches from the back of the sofa to the back wall.

Thanks

AudiophileUk said:
thanks for this. It's a shame they only do a 50hz filter rather than 40hz. Or any ideas where could find a variable filter as you would find on a subwoofer amp... be a alot nicer to be able to alter it....

IIRC you can use two FMOD's in series to give a 25hz Lowpass filter.

I Personally just use a single 50hz LP to good effect and it works like a treat. I would be nice to have a variable LP but I've not looked into it since the FMOD / Q10b was installed

stevefish69 said:
IIRC you can use two FMOD's in series to give a 25hz Lowpass filter.

I Personally just use a single 50hz LP to good effect and it works like a treat. I would be nice to have a variable LP but I've not looked into it since the FMOD / Q10b was installed

How do you find the q10? Would you recommend it?

Well hard to comment. Their are some threads on here with photos of mounting. It looks pretty solid so I'd imagine you'd get it mounted somewhere. Looks like could get mounted on the back strut, but ideally you'd mount it inside the sofa, flip it over and see what you have...

Well you could see about making one .. can't be that much in it .....

From the reading I did before some people was doing +6db at 20hz .. or was that was I have seen the Earthquake own amp people say.

Think been able to + and - db at any hz make them work better to how you want it ... think the adding 6db at 20hz is so that you feel more of the lower feeling that is missed. Not good for a sub but for a Quake device is fine

Just wish we could find an amp that was not £400 and that was good enough and no fan and had some EQ

I looked at this amp before
Behringer: iNUKE NU3000DSP

The 1000 would do it as well with enough power .. but they dont have a quite fan.

But the software in it is just what we need

Lots of presets you can save
x-over where you like
parametric EQ so can add and remove where and what you like
Dynamic EQ so can have it add a bit more when you dont have it turned up

Only problem is .. needs a fan mod to use in the house but its only £200 for the 1000 with 430W RMS in to 8 in bridge mode so all good

Unless anyone can find anything better.

Looks a very nice sofa not one I would like to play with ..

My sofa is looking much better .. its just wood suports inside once the thing on the bottom is removed looks nice and simple

If you cant get it inside then there is always the option to make a stage for the sofa to stand on.

Bit more work and depends how you do it to how it looks but then you dont have to damage the sofa.

They even do a special mount for this option

Richard

i_raz said:
Thanks i have attached some photos of my sofa. do you think it will fit to the back?

I have about 12 inches from the back of the sofa to the back wall.

Thanks

Can you not install the Quake under the sofa?
The Quake comes with a L shape mounting bracket which helps with mounting.
I have installed my Quake direct underneath my sofa without the mounting bracket.
A lot of people have done the same after first using the bracket so I thought I would direct mount first and to my untrained ears it is brilliant.
I have the Quake and the Bk amp and crossover is set at 40 and gain about 55.
One more thing if you need any advice then give Nigel a call at the shaker centre because the service I had from them was first class.

Last edited:
I will have to turn the sofa upside down tomorrow to check underneath. I didn't realise they are designed to be fitted underneath the sofa and thought they were designed to be mounted to the side of the sofa.

I've been intending to buy a couple of these for a while now, so the group buy is too hard to resist.

Put me down for 2 x Q10B.

Now I just need to work out how to power them. Anyone know if spare channels of an Anthem MRX500 would be up to the job..?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom