I have a Pioneer AX5 which I'm delighted with but this evening it gave me a buzz, literally. I brushed my arm against the case (it was off) and felt a bit of a shock. I figured it was static so I did it again with the same results. I checked the mains lead and it only has 2 terminals so I assume the amp is not earthed through the mains.I can't imagine an electrical field in the amp casing is doing much for performance. Questions are: 1. Is my amp faulty or do some amps do this. How come it's not earthed? I'm concerned with kids strolling around that someone will get fried. 2. My Russ Andrews mains block has an earth terminal which he recommends you use to connect to all components via a case screw. Should I get a bit of wire and connect this up? I'm assuming it's due to a build up of static in the case but I can't understand why it's not earthed by design. Any electrical bods have an idea? Your help would be much appreciated.