EarthBound (virtual console - SNES)

tpr007

I don't remember this, but it's just landed on the eShop, and the video makes it look supercool. A bit of an old school RPG but set in a modern/quirky setting rather than the usual 'fantasy' one.

Check out the video.

Too pricey at 6.99 but if it falls in price i'll get it /NintendoPriceFail

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Well worth the £6.99..the original boxed version goes for around £1000 now.
I'm old enough to have bought it, and remember it the first time round.
Still got mine in the loft, although it was second hand when I bought it, so it's kind of tatty around the edges.
Probably one of the best rpgs ever made, if not the best.

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
I only played this on an emulator back in college, I would have snapped it up had it been released in the UK. Playing through it again on Wii U has brought back loads of great memories. Only just arrived in Twoson and that music is just...so...amazing! Can't wait to work my way through it again.

Amph

Distinguished Member
From the limited screenshots I've seen, it looks a lot like Zelda LTTP in terms of art style. Is it that kind of game? Or is it turn based? Or other?

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
It's similar to ALTTP, semi top down, but more isometric, and the battles are turn based, almost akin to what the(cause I haven't played one in a while), Pokemon fights were like on the GBA, etc.
Or you can just go full auto in the fights, and the let the AI do it for you(which does a sterling job BTW).

If you watch the video in the first post, it kind of shows it off a bit.

RobbieG

Just got this last night, its a lot of fun. Not played an RPG for ages. Loving the quirkiness of it all

RobbieG

Im loving the NPC text on this lots of Fart jokes which appeals to my inner 11 year!

Last edited:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
Im loving the NPC text on this lots of Fart jokes which appeals to my inner 11 year!
Look out for some of the battle texts...very funny..

"X apologised.." etc :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom